Construct 3 - many questions (native exporterts)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 pm

Well, "native exporter" means two things, imho:
1. It creates native app instead of creating container with portable brower and HTML5-game in it (NW.js and Intel XDK create such container, that's why apps are not as fast as they could be)
2. It is not a third party product, because only Scirra can make it work perfect.

I understand that it is very very hard to create native exporter - it's like creating another construct, but you can sell such exporters for extra money.
I have C2 personal license, but I am ready to buy native exporters for extra money with pleasure. And I am not the only one, who wants native exporters and who is ready to pay for that extra money.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:04 am

@paradine

It is equal to create a whole new construct, from engine to plugins.
If you could clone many Ashley for those native exporters, then it might be possible to have them.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 am

rexrainbow wrote:
If you could clone many Ashley for those native exporters, then it might be possible to have them.

challenge accepted .. Calling GRU :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:08 am

rexrainbow wrote:If you could clone many Ashley for those native exporters, then it might be possible to have them.

Very good idea, cloning Ashlay can really solve all our problems :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:45 am

@paradine - as I keep saying, many games we see are GPU bottlenecked, so would not run faster in a native engine.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 am

Ashley wrote:@paradine - as I keep saying, many games we see are GPU bottlenecked, so would not run faster in a native engine.

@Ashley you know that this is not true, even if the projects of some users are poorly optimized, the examples provided with C2 are not.
And even they work not well with the most of mobiles using XDK or Phonegap. (15 to 30 FPS default even if the game at runs the same speed you can still see the visual differences between 60 and 30 fps)

The good thing is that the new Canvas+ by @ludei is working well on mobiles even if the exporting process has some more steps that you have to do manually.
I don't want to offend any solution for the exporting process containing mobile gaming, but it seems like Cocoon.io seems to be the better than Crosswalk at the time.
(But I don't want to open another disscussion about this because there are already over 100 of this kind...)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:29 am

Ashley wrote:@paradine - as I keep saying, many games we see are GPU bottlenecked, so would not run faster in a native engine.

@Ashley - but many are CPU bottlenecked, they would run much faster in a native engine, I guess.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:28 pm

I always ask to see CPU-bottlenecked .capx projects. Usually either nobody sends me any, they send such appallingly inefficiently designed games it is obviously just bad design, or they are actually GPU-bottlenecked. Please do send any good examples of CPU-bottlenecked games, so I can investigate if our engine needs optimising. I rarely see such examples though, which is why I have concluded most games are not CPU-bottlenecked.

@TheRealDannyyy - if a game runs at 15 or 30 FPS that could easily be due to GPU bottlenecking, or using software rendering due to poor quality drivers (in which case native engines would be susceptible to crashing, failing to work at all). Neither of those cases is much better by moving to a native engine. Anyway, if Canvas+ works better, that's not a native engine either, it just highlights that perhaps there is some issue with Cordova/XDK, and they can be improved, I don't see why this requires a native engine to solve.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Quite correct Ashley. Bad design in game makes it worse. One cannot produce game in short time. Some might yes you can but, I do not think so. I have been in game world since 1990. Needs lot's of work behind good game. One cannot blame Construct 2 if one has badly design game. If you have to many animations, it will bound to slow down. Blaming C2 is not the answer. For this reason I don't see why this requires a native engine to solve.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Ashley wrote:... it just highlights that perhaps there is some issue with Cordova/XDK, and they can be improved...

That is right but @Ashley do you really think that this will happen in the next months or even years?
The only thing that kinda helped with another issue (the size of the apps) has been slighly improved 1 or 2 weeks ago and this issue with the size was there since the beginning of Cordova (Crosswalk) compiling/exporting.
I do even think before cordova gets a performance fix update, mobile browsers like mozilla or chrome will be able to run the apps smoother and overall better than cordova does at the time.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General