Construct 3 Subscription Fee Or Buy (Pay Once) Vote

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I would gladly pay 200 to 300$ for a lifetime payment. But I'm allergetic to rental things, especially when it comes to softwares.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Buy
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:10 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:
glerikud wrote:@Everade Well said.

codexsg wrote:They could have a basic, but fully functional standalone version of C3, and a subscription based C3 with free assets every month, free plugins, free templates, etc. Just think of something. Like a season pass of a game with dlcs.

I'm sorry, but that's one of the worst ideas I read on the forums in the past days.

While I think this topic is useless, here's my opinion: subscribe. Subscribe and let the developers of your favourite software eat.

https://www.construct3.com/ states 120'000 users. That's 120k*99usd 11'880'000usd to eat.... Of course, not all 120k users are payant

hey you forget Scirra.com states 293,508 users. That's 293k*120usd 35'160'000usd to eat... to bathe in... to sleep in... to buy out Fusion 3... Of course, not all 120k users are paying But all of them on scirra.com still :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:01 pm

pointless discussing it among the community at this point guys, Tom's all but confirmed they are sticking to this model no matter what.
Tom wrote:
But just one question, while the decision is already made, lets say this model of subscription don't work as intended, would you guys be whilling to reconsider it and go back to pay-once model? Or at least that kind of discussion between you could happen?

Well yes, if the model fails we'd of course have to re-evaluate otherwise we'd be fools!

I think you are being foolish now.
You have such a large audience but seemed to have completely failed in monetizing them.

Should release Construct 3, in the same manner and pricepoint as Construct 2.
Don't offer a discount any higher than 20% off for existing customers.
Make the next incremental version of Construct (4) in 2.5/3 years from now.
The money should tide you over during that time.
The length of time C2 has been out with free updates released has been far too long, most businesses would hemorrhage money in that situation.
2.5/3 years seems to be the rate a lot of software releases new increments at.
just my 2 cents.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Discmach wrote:pointless discussing it among the community at this point guys, Tom's all but confirmed they are sticking to this model no matter what.
Tom wrote:
But just one question, while the decision is already made, lets say this model of subscription don't work as intended, would you guys be whilling to reconsider it and go back to pay-once model? Or at least that kind of discussion between you could happen?

Well yes, if the model fails we'd of course have to re-evaluate otherwise we'd be fools!

I think you are being foolish now.
You have such a large audience but seemed to have completely failed in monetizing them.

Should release Construct 3, in the same manner and pricepoint as Construct 2.
Don't offer a discount any higher than 20% off for existing customers.
Make the next incremental version of Construct (4) in 2.5/3 years from now.
The money should tide you over during that time.
The length of time C2 has been out with free updates released has been far too long, most businesses would hemorrhage money in that situation.
2.5/3 years seems to be the rate a lot of software releases new increments at.
just my 2 cents.

Do not pressure them, and their decisions, not ours.

Let them try, if all goes wrong, they will learn their mistakes.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:11 pm

This reminds me of the petition we had recently to stop Trump from entering the UK :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Joannesalfa wrote:

What is the purpose of encouraging discussion, "listening" to a community in that case.
Who are you to dictate what I can and can't express pertaining to this subject?
I care a great deal about Construct 2, and have put far too many hours into it to watch it crumble along with its community.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:22 am

Discmach wrote:
Joannesalfa wrote:

What is the purpose of encouraging discussion, "listening" to a community in that case.
I care a great deal about Construct 2, and have put far too many hours into it to watch it crumble along with its community.

well said... from july 2016 to December 2016 i can count on one hand the amount of time i open C2 but before i am on it night to night... So why most i Subscribe to something i am not using... Last week i start making a new game waiting excitement for a good news :lol: :lol: it funny still because we got punk big time... I wonder why Tom and Ashley think C3 while be uncrackable :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:45 am

I won't subscribe. I'm a casual user and enjoy what I can do with C2, I'll just keep C2.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:54 am

Discmach wrote:
Joannesalfa wrote:

I doubt they follow the philosophy of "The clients are always right", we cannot do anything due to their business decision, besides when c3 comes out, we have right to pay or not. I think the most will not pay to subscription fee.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion