Construct 3 Subscription Fee Or Buy (Pay Once) Vote

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:45 am

Construct 3 fee is perfect and amazing for a studio or a company but for small indies doing experiments and games it isnt.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:46 am

wizdigitech wrote:
@DeusEx Construct 3 we are talking about not Unity 3D. Yes $99 is a low cost for good game dev software like Unity 3D or Uureal Engine but :twisted: :twisted: sorry to say not for Cnstruct 3 when 98% of us only use it for fun in our spare time...

I use Unity3D more then 4 years, I even was Unity2D Advisory Board Member (then they test 2D options) , so let me tell you something: it not fair to compare these engines. Unity3D, Unreal, CryEngine, etc.. they all require serious study of programming. Yes all of them have build-in tools or assets like FlowChart/Visual programming and etc, but you are unable to make something serious or really unique with them without writing code.

So why the software that requires less knowledge/skills for using should be cheaper?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:19 am

If Scirra loses 4 out of 5 users because of the subscription model, how long before they turn a profit from those that remain? Because it's all about the $$$ now.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:04 am

I don't mind paying a subscription if C3 has enough new features but only when the standalone executable is available. Also, this will help the team develop great new feature (like timelines, sprite lighting, etc.) and more specifically, small details that speed up the workflow (Shortcuts and automation).

I'll wait for the whole information cycle detailing all the new features. I don't want to pay a subscription for what is seeming to be C2 on cloud.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 am

Buy
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 am

For me it had to be pay once. From reading on what C3 will bring compared to C2 it just doesn't give enough to warrant a £99 a year subscription. Game making has always been a hobby for me so I guess C3 just isn't for me. It's a shame as I have enjoyed the interface despite the export setbacks. Native android export would be the only thing that sold me on a yearly sub for C3 but we know that isn't in the plan.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:03 am

Mayfly wrote:For me it had to be pay once. From reading on what C3 will bring compared to C2 it just doesn't give enough to warrant a £99 a year subscription. Game making has always been a hobby for me so I guess C3 just isn't for me. It's a shame as I have enjoyed the interface despite the export setbacks. Native android export would be the only thing that sold me on a yearly sub for C3 but we know that isn't in the plan.

Just to clarify it's $99 USD not £99. I know this might not change your opinion, but just want to clear that up for anyone else reading.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 am

Tom wrote:
Mayfly wrote:For me it had to be pay once. From reading on what C3 will bring compared to C2 it just doesn't give enough to warrant a £99 a year subscription. Game making has always been a hobby for me so I guess C3 just isn't for me. It's a shame as I have enjoyed the interface despite the export setbacks. Native android export would be the only thing that sold me on a yearly sub for C3 but we know that isn't in the plan.

Just to clarify it's $99 USD not £99. I know this might not change your opinion, but just want to clear that up for anyone else reading.

£79 at current exchange rates, will you be sticking to USD exchange rates even if say for instance the GBP or Euro gets stronger or weaker to the dollar?
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:34 am

Forex is complicated and very volatile at the moment which is why we've only announced USD pricing.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Tom wrote:Forex is complicated and very volatile at the moment which is why we've only announced USD pricing.

Ok, It seems a wise business decision, global markets bring risk aversion decisions.

:idea: Talking about exchanges, it's about time you removed or updated your blog with something more current, 24th, March 2014. (Bitcoin stuff) :idea:

Looking forward to more info on C3.
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion