Construct 3 Subscription Fee Or Buy (Pay Once) Vote

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:08 pm

blurymind wrote:You pretty much lose access to all of your investment once you miss a payment

That's a very interesting and very important topic to talk about. I'll hope Scirra provides information on this in the upcoming news.
B
128
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,551
Reputation: 20,488

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:42 pm

gameglaux wrote:
Zonacas wrote:Do you really believe that the subscription model will work in this case?


Scirra (and maybe the consultants they may have hired) thinks its a viable and sustainable business model. This thread is a bit of fun, but its a poll of under a 100 users :)


the proportion is significant, I suppose the ratio would be maintained if the survey is higher
CODE FOR FUN
B
22
S
8
G
2
Posts: 74
Reputation: 2,349

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Tom wrote:Forex is complicated and very volatile at the moment which is why we've only announced USD pricing.

Everyone will have to play our strategy game when we finish it. Then they will all understand forex. :twisted:
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
22
S
6
G
1
Posts: 1,414
Reputation: 4,822

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Cherico wrote:Remember:
Existing licensed Construct 2 users (including on Steam) will get 50% off their first year.

I'm curious to know if that will be a limited-time offer or not.
If I continue to use C2 for another year after the release of C3, will I still be able to get it at 50% off?
B
49
S
25
G
99
Posts: 99
Reputation: 53,162

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Tom wrote:The direction we're going is that you can exercise your 50% discount whenever you want, this year, or next year etc.
B
57
S
19
G
9
Posts: 639
Reputation: 9,533

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 pm

That's good to know. I must have missed that. Personally, I'm not too bothered by the change in pricing model.
Of course, I would prefer to buy it than rent it. But, as long as the new features are worth it, I will consider it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been "wow'd" yet with the information dribble. Hopefully, the coming weeks will change that. ;)
B
49
S
25
G
99
Posts: 99
Reputation: 53,162

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Lancifer wrote:That's good to know. I must have missed that. Personally, I'm not too bothered by the change in pricing model.
Of course, I would prefer to buy it than rent it. But, as long as the new features are worth it, I will consider it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been "wow'd" yet with the information dribble. Hopefully, the coming weeks will change that. ;)


I'm guessing that's probably why they are stalling... so you can be wow'd in the coming weeks!
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Zonacas wrote:
gameglaux wrote:
Zonacas wrote:Do you really believe that the subscription model will work in this case?


Scirra (and maybe the consultants they may have hired) thinks its a viable and sustainable business model. This thread is a bit of fun, but its a poll of under a 100 users :)


the proportion is significant, I suppose the ratio would be maintained if the survey is higher


The proportion is nowhere near significant when the poll is: pay $99 per year or $120 flat fee. What would you expect the result to be? :lol:
Image
B
29
S
9
G
3
Posts: 170
Reputation: 3,297

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I asked Clickteam to confirm if Fusion 3 will be subscription based as well.
One of the main developers (Marv) has confirmed that it will not be subscription based like construct3
https://community.clickteam.com/threads ... post714137

They are already talking about what's going on here and bracing their server for the flood of construct2 users :lol:

So far the only hope for scirra is that construct 3 will come out a month or two before fusion 3, in that period of time if by some miracle they manage to change people's views on the whole license thing (which seems to be the main issue for most users here) - it might not be as bad

It will be interesting to see how things develop. I see that this community has a number of very loyal users and that the company has experience with going against the tide . hats off for that. I will be very impressed if this turns out to be a success! The technology itself is exciting- the editor being pure html5 makes a lot of sense and imo is a brilliant step towards making it run everywhere. I got excited about it running on mobile. But the price and the type of license still does not justify what we get from it, when you pit it against the competition - both game maker and clickteam fusion have a better deal. What else is in that editor that makes scirra so confident? It makes me want to wait and see what will be revealed.

I think that this voting thread would be more fair if you still had to pay for major version upgrades. Paying once for a lifetime does not make sense , but paying rent makes even less sense. I would rather vote for something in the middle - pay for major version upgrades that bring new features that are worth it. So pay once for 3, then pay upgrade fee to bump up to 3.5 and so on
B
38
S
14
G
4
Posts: 426
Reputation: 5,686

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:57 am

blurymind wrote:I asked Clickteam to confirm if Fusion 3 will be subscription based as well.
One of the main developers (Marv) has confirmed that it will not be subscription based like construct3
https://community.clickteam.com/threads ... post714137

They are already talking about what's going on here and bracing their server for the flood of construct2 users :lol:

So far the only hope for scirra is that construct 3 will come out a month or two before fusion 3, in that period of time if by some miracle they manage to change people's views on the whole license thing (which seems to be the main issue for most users here) - it might not be as bad

It will be interesting to see how things develop. I see that this community has a number of very loyal users and that the company has experience with going against the tide . hats off for that. I will be very impressed if this turns out to be a success! The technology itself is exciting- the editor being pure html5 makes a lot of sense and imo is a brilliant step towards making it run everywhere. I got excited about it running on mobile. But the price and the type of license still does not justify what we get from it, when you pit it against the competition - both game maker and clickteam fusion have a better deal. What else is in that editor that makes scirra so confident? It makes me want to wait and see what will be revealed.

I think that this voting thread would be more fair if you still had to pay for major version upgrades. Paying once for a lifetime does not make sense , but paying rent makes even less sense. I would rather vote for something in the middle - pay for major version upgrades that bring new features that are worth it. So pay once for 3, then pay upgrade fee to bump up to 3.5 and so on


Which is a better product, C2 or Fusion 2.5? Someone is another thread said C2 was better, but failed to explain why. Fusion 3 is looking very promising from what I've read.
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Namu2017 and 0 guests