Construct 3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Jayjay wrote:@glerikud I'd love if C3 had support for my 2D retro-arcade-styled game to run at 30FPS solid-all-the-time ;)

It must be 60fps. Even snes run games at 60fps.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:13 am

megatronx wrote:It must be 60fps. Even snes run games at 60fps.

Hehe, well yeah that would be a whole other level of awesome! :D I can wait until C4 for that dream though :P
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:29 am

Jayjay wrote:... I can wait until C4 for that dream though :P

Gimme multi-core performance 144fps 2.5d and a button that reads my mind and makes the game for me plox kkthxbai.

/sillyness aside, Id rather not wait 5-10 years before 60FPS HTML5 single-core performance becomes a reality, personally.
More than likely going to need to wait for an HTML6 let alone a C4... or some sort of new language made by Jon Blow or John Carmack, utilized best with its own construct/unity-esque & modular editor.
B

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:47 am

@megatronx @Jayjay @Demetari

but Ashley said that he already saw some Crosswalk games running in 60fps...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:14 am

@Demetari Same here to the second part :)

@szymek I can make a game run 60fps in HTML5, but can I make my (big) game run that fast? Well in the case of PC games, technically yes, if I only expect super gaming machines to play my game. The problem is that I need the average Steam user to play it in order to have any sort of customer base, and their specs on average are not that high http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

The best thing yet though is the set_minimum_fps action, which lets us now decide how frameskip works. I would rather hear complaints of "It's really slow!" than "My character fell through the floor" or other things that get strange when collisions and behaviors fail (due to large dT values).

Customers can understand that their PC shouldn't be playing the game when it's slow, but random glitches make it look like a bad game rather than just a game that they need to upgrade their PC for.

Also, if collisions are indeed skipping, and your game logic is dependent on said collisions systems, then it's safe to say your game is skipping logic at the same time as collisions skip, so with R210 and up it is great because instead of 10fps minimum before game slowdown, it's 30fps (a good middle road from my testing). Much less chance of collisions skipping without sacrificing too much speed for lower end PCs. (Thanks for this feature by the way Ashley!)
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Maybe it has already been discuted, but does anyone know if Construct 3 will have a "children family" feature for the families ? C2 is greatly lacking this.
Like a family "enemy" and a subfamily "shooter" which herits all the properties from enemy but have their own properties.
Then you could do "if shooter collision with player -> shooter decreases HP" where HP is an "enemy" property which from "shooter" inherits.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 am

I said it last year and I still think the same now.

C2/C3 needs to be the BEST 2D game engine, period. Scirra is still a small group compared to Unity or Epic Games (UE4).

The best thing that can happen for C3, is a native export option. :D

No reliance on funky and often broken 3rd party wrappers...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:04 am

Silverforce wrote:I said it last year and I still think the same now.

C2/C3 needs to be the BEST 2D game engine, period. Scirra is still a small group compared to Unity or Epic Games (UE4).

The best thing that can happen for C3, is a native export option. :D

No reliance on funky and often broken 3rd party wrappers...

Getting close...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:22 am

Silverforce wrote:The best thing that can happen for C3, is a native export option. :D

Oh, not again :D Please don't bring that up again. Don't turn this topic into a native exporter requesting one.

Coin-coin le Canapin wrote:Maybe it has already been discuted, but does anyone know if Construct 3 will have a "children family" feature for the families ? C2 is greatly lacking this.
Like a family "enemy" and a subfamily "shooter" which herits all the properties from enemy but have their own properties.
Then you could do "if shooter collision with player -> shooter decreases HP" where HP is an "enemy" property which from "shooter" inherits.

I'd love to see such thing implemented.

Silverforce wrote:C2/C3 needs to be the BEST 2D game engine, period.

+1
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Now, that HTML5 is well established they might throw in 2.5D objects such as the ones in Construct Classic, but what I really want is the CC programming language
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General