construct caps

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:19 am

Crappy guide > no guide. ;)

I believe that a complete newcomer to Construct would be confused after reading first few paragraphs of the guide, they don't follow your thought process quite yet. Cover the basics first, then build on them.

Also, I think it would be greatly productive if examples were supplied; documented, basic example cap. Use colored balls - red, yellow, blue - and show how is picking done, the differences etc.

That would go a long way in my opinion! Kudos for the effort so far.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 pm

[quote="manontherun":omxzxymy][quote="Ashley":omxzxymy]What's wrong with using subevents under a for-each loop? It works fine...[/quote:omxzxymy]You are right, they do. I think the words in the guide will agree. It just points out to be careful and not get complicated with for each + sub-event.[/quote:omxzxymy]
They're not necessarily complicated or dangerous at all. They work perfectly logically like you'd expect. I'm all in favour of people writing their own hints and tips, but it should
- be correct and properly checked - for example random("n") is misleading because it does not take a string, it takes a number!
- be written by someone well experienced who knows if something really is difficult/complicated, because in the case of subevents in for each loops, there really is nothing wrong with them and that kind of advice might mislead beginners.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Man wrote that he's not that experienced to make his article worth reading. Actually I didn't understand it much probably because of having much experience already.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Edit: 1
[The person that was meant to read this already did so. No content related to guide.]

Edit: 2

I wrote this based on experience from using older builds from 2008. Now that I'm getting a chance to thoroughly test newer builds, I can say a lot of the issues that I previously commonly encounted are fixed, or there are better/newer methods to get things done. Rendering some things in this guide obsolete. (I'm tempted to remove this "guide")
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:11 am

A Tips and tricks thread could be useful ...for stuff that doesn't really belong in the wiki I mean.
Plus the tips and tricks can be discussed and improved (or if it doesn't make sense one could point out why).
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files