Construct Classic r2 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:29 pm

7500 is a lot though. Your cap with the memory leaks doesn't have that much does it? If you just only keep open one layout and event sheet per session, does it still leak as much?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:39 pm

I do indeed have thousands of events, and then add conditions to that. It doesn't matter the amount of open tabs.

My game (it's The Iconoclasts, if it matters) isn't one that can rely on reusable code all the time as it constantly adds new aspects, bosses are really intricate, no two events are the same and there are many active cutscenes, which will create many, many events. The project scale wouldn't be overshooting anything if this leak didn't happen, and it's basically the final hurdle I think I can expect before Construct is near perfect for this game.

I haven't counted all the events in the game, but just the sheet which has all the cutscene scripting has 1400 or so. Parts of the game could probably be scripted with external files, but hardly enough. I already have some cutscene scripting external, within the dialog files I keep.

I just hope someone will get around to it at some point, somehow. I wish I could recoup anyone who did, too. :(konjak2012-03-10 19:42:06
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:09 am

I got a program called FreeRAM and it seems to do excellent in removing that excess RAM. It could be a temporary solution, I guess.

I probably shouldn't be clogging up this thread with my problems, though.

EDIT: I just managed to get the error anyway trying to start the game now, so I am majorly confused. Is it VRAM? It's definitely a Construct prompt at this point.konjak2012-03-11 14:05:14
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Great release, however there seems to be a bug with Families and Effect parameters.

The Action Wizard will not display any parameters on the third screen (setting the actual values) - it will say "There are no parameters for the selected item". 2-state properties will work properly, however.

For example, screen-by-screen:

PickFamily->OpacityPlus->ActivateOpacityPlus will work, but
PickFamily->OpacityPlus->SetIntensity will not, as the third screen will be blank save for "There are no parameters for the selected item".

Randomly, when clicking Finish on the last blank screen, an "Invalid argument" error appears, but mostly the wizard closes and the Action reads 0%.

The Effects show properly inside Manage Families.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 am

Vsync does not work in Fullscreen Mode. It switches from Vsync to no Vsync ten times a second. Games are unplayable in Fullscreen because it stutters really bad and FPS jumping from 600+ to Vsynced 60FPS all the time.

I can reproduce this with all my cap files on 4 different computers.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:56 pm

I was noticing fullscreen framerate issues too, so it's probably something weird going on for many people. I don't find it horrible, but other players might so it'd be nice to see fixed someday. Alternative is fitting the image to people's screens along with zoom effects.

EDIT: Actually... no, it seems to ber working now. I was going to test if it was due to my main monitor insisting on reading out 59Hz in the Control Panel, whereas my second monitor does 60. Both ran fine right now, so I'm confused. konjak2012-03-14 14:04:25
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 am

So happy to see advances on CC. Thanks for all the hard work Lucid! I feared CC was long gone...

CC is about feature-complete. The only thing left to do now is clean up the GAZILLION tiny bugs that hide in every corner! After that, the main features people are requesting are ones that require a huge slot of time and potential rewriting (OpenGL, Portability, etc).

I'd still like better non-DX9 program support. A lot of things just don't work too well, on top of not being available, when using CC to make general-use programs (standard controls and manipulating them, for one).

Anyhow, just as everyone else says, wish I could help, but I have a lot going on, aside from knowing the little bit of outdated C++ I learned in highschool.

Thanks for all of your hard work!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 pm

I always feel people working on construct underestimate the stuff game makers do. I'm a good deal over a thousand events and I'm making an NES Style game. Much less dialog, much simpler bosses, much simpler cutscenes, much simpler enemies and a much simpler engine in general.

Everything is working semi good on my end (all my assets and stuff are so small that I've never noticed a memory leak issue. Just crashes), but I'm always find it a little strange when people are surprised by this stuff. When you make an engine, it's easy to make nice, clean, reusable code, but when when you make a game you WILL want to do things your engine doesn't expressly support. Any decent game designer is, more often than not, going to muck with and grow their codebase rather than stifle their creativity.

That said, you guys are great and always accommodating. I just always found this funny, even when Ashley and co. were still heading C1 development.

You just gotta always assume we're doing way more than toy expect. :)kayin2012-03-17 21:07:36
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks for the new version!
But please someone fix the memory leak problem. I want to see the game ICONOCLAST of Konjak finished.
Message for Konjak: Please complete this game! Your games and projects are amazing!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks, but I'm still managing so far. A fix would just make me able to rest easier in case it gets out of hand later in development.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion