Construct Classic r2 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 am

Hi,

There will be a new version of Construct Classic one day or not ? I know it's now developped by community, but don't know if it really continues.

Hope i'm clear, thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 pm

There haven't been any updates in a year, and I think given that C2 exceeded Classic on most counts long ago, it seems very unlikely it will see any further updates.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 am

Personally I'd be thrilled with an update that was a one liner that was either

"Layer Offsets work"

or

"Option to calculate parallax from screen center"

(in fact, if any of you can actually build construct and just hack in center based scrolling with no options or anything, i'd love you forever even if it wasn't an official, tested release. This sh*t is driving me up the walls.)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:10 am

inb4 Construct r2d2 released.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Why is cc opening the update window on startup, with a page called "guest login"?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:13 am

Construct Classic is too great of a program to ever die. The amount of things that can be done with it is absolutely astounding, and I hope that somehow in the future development will continue.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 pm

[QUOTE=MrMiller] Construct Classic is too great of a program to ever die. The amount of things that can be done with it is absolutely astounding, and I hope that somehow in the future development will continue.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you.

Yeah Construct 2 is maybe better, it maybe enters to what todays players are waiting for (browser games, etc.), but it stills browser games.
We can't really create big projects, with big libraries, musics, sounds, saved data, etc., yeah we can create a simple funny game, but in my opinion C2 isn't done for big projects yet, it's on the path to become, but not now, just my opinion.

Regarding this update:
There seems to be a bug with "Toggle Action", in the Event Sheet, in fact when I toggle off several action, it simply crashes.
I'm on W7 64-bits, with Admin rights on CC.

Regards.Lapstern2013-07-11 22:12:59
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:15 pm

@Lapstern, although still available, I don't think anyone will be around to fix that bug sadly, but thanks for pointing it out (haven't noticed it myself yet, but I usually don't use toggle action).
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:19 am

[QUOTE=Lapstern]Yeah Construct 2 is maybe better, it maybe enters to what todays players are waiting for (browser games, etc.), but it stills browser games.[/QUOTE]

If both can create something that looks exactly the same to the user as an exe, what's the difference? The fact that it's running JavaScript instead of c++ doesn't dictate what size, depth or quality of the games you can make with it. The fact that people make small, shallow low budget games for browsers is not because the technology behind it can't handle a larger game. It's because people generally aren't looking for an involved gaming experience while browsing the web and depend on ad revenue/sponsorships which generally aren't big money, and the market has built itself around that. With C2 we can export as exe, so we can circumvent that issue entirely.

[QUOTE=Lapstern]We can't really create big projects, with big libraries, musics, sounds, saved data, etc., yeah we can create a simple funny game, but in my opinion C2 isn't done for big projects yet, it's on the path to become, but not now, just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Based on personal experience, that's incorrect. C2 is far more stable, has a much better workflow, exports to more platforms, is actively developed, etc etc. Also, having tried it, you really don't want to make a big project with CC. Seriously. It's basically a minefield - some people have few problems with it, for others it's very troublesome. It's not worth risking months or years or work to discover that CC can't actually handle the project. Starting loot pursuit over in C2 was a very painful decision after having worked on it in CC for years.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm

@Arima, I think it's fair to say that both tools can make big games, but Construct 2 will give much less resistance as you go, whereas Construct Classic can introduce surprise bugs and glitches to workaround.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion