construct & cocoon js - collected experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:02 am

I updated my ipad 2 to ios6 and after that all new zip files with my programs (size up 10 M) that was publish with version r109 and r108.2 do not want to load (it loaded, then unzip , then start to show regular loading bar and in the end going back to main page of ipad). The same zip files were opened and played on Android (Samsung Note). Any ideas?
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 am

One more questions. What sound format must be loaded for Android? I thought it should be ogg , but in reality played format mp4(I deleted all sound with format ogg). Did I miss something here?
B
S

Post » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I am having an issue previewing over wifi with the CocoonJS app on both iPhone 5 and iPad. I get the fps display but the screen is just black. Any ideas?

Sorry for cross posting.fat40oz2012-12-08 21:57:35
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:58 am

[QUOTE=pavelkn] One more questions. What sound format must be loaded for Android? I thought it should be ogg , but in reality played format mp4(I deleted all sound with format ogg). Did I miss something here? [/QUOTE]

Supported formats: "audio/mpeg", "audio/mp4", "audio/x-wav"
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 am

[QUOTE=fat40oz] I am having an issue previewing over wifi with the CocoonJS app on both iPhone 5 and iPad. I get the fps display but the screen is just black. Any ideas?

Sorry for cross posting.[/QUOTE]

The FPS counter is also a button that gives you access to the CocoonJS debug console. Please, check if there is any error. If not, please, contact us using our support page: http://ludei.com/about
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello friends, in my game made ??with Construct 2, exported Cocoonjs, I can use the options Monetization Cocoonjs (http://wiki.ludei.com/cocoonjs:extensions:iap)? It has a specific plugin for this? or a tutorial on how to apply it?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am

Hello

i tested 2 game and i am really surpising because i dont see any fps change between the Cocoon js launcher and the native browser of the phone

I use galaxy s 1 with android 4

If you have any idea....

B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 am

after compiled cocoonjs touch event is not working

what is the issue can you tell me
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

So, I borrowed my friends Ouya just to mess around with it (got some Turtles in Time up and running on that sucker in no time! Heh, get it? Time... moving on)

So, I decided to test out exporting a simple button test I made with CocoonJS (and Phonegap). I upload the zip-file, make some icons that apparently was needed, and set it to compile. 30+ minutes later and the bar hasn't even gotten halfway. The zip is 92kb, this should not take that long to compile. And I seemingly can't cancel the compilation and start a new one.

Yeah... I'd rather wait for a native compiler solution to get made than use this weirdness.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:16 am

I think both Ashley and Tom are brilliant guys.

But I also think it's time to start working on native exporters. Just tell everyone that progress has halted for the time being on the main application and exporters are under way. Don't say it's limited to only one coder. You made Construct 2 didn't you? So stop and make exporters? There is enough content currently in Construct 2 to make games with. No need to keep adding more features without the ability to export properly.

I truly love Cocoon JS, and think a lot of the people behind it. But lets face facts. Current mobile performance is really, really bad. You want your customers to make money so they upgraded their license don't you? You also want the C2 users to spread the word about your product. It's a really hard sell when you have a stellar product but fall short when it comes to the final export.

It's really frustrating to take the time to make a good app with Construct 2 and then see it perform so badly on mobile. The customers that are using your C2 app are thinking to themselves that your mobile app is really badly coded. But the export method is what's making the app run so poorly.

Please start work on native exporters. PLEASE!!!! SUGAR ON TOP!!! WITH NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE CHERRIES!

I hate bending over backwards just to get a feature added that will benefit everyone, even the Scirra Team.

Better product = more sales = more profit.

I don't mean to piss anyone off, it's just the truth. Don't be mad.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General