construct & cocoon js - collected experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm

I have not experienced any flickering.

I have tried my app on my tablet and phone.

There must be something in your app that cocoonjs does not like that is causing it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:58 pm

@psyko666

When testing our game using the cocoonjs launcher we do get some error but we are not sure what it refers to. We will send a bug report to Ludei to investigate.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:03 pm

I wanted to integrate the camera support with User Media in Construct but it doesn't work. I see now that CocoonJS does support that with its camera extension (which works great in the Video Puzzle demo). Once i export the game from Construct, how do I integrate the camera extension? If it is even possible.
B

Post » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:54 pm

"- How do we integrate the game with Facebook? I want the users to be able to publish their score to their walls
- I have the same need with twitter. I want my users to be able to tweet about their scores.

I've been trying to implement Clay.io and I think the developer is trying to integrate it with CocoonJS, but I'm wondering if there are other solutions that I don't know about.

I also know that CocoonJS says that is fully integrated with Facebook+Twitter, but I can't find any documentation on that."

This post was made a while back and I have exactly the same question.

All I want is for the Android game to login and post messages and high scores to facebook- Is it true that the construct 2 Facebook object is not supported in Coccoon?

If so, what do I do?!
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Here's a possible solution for those having flickering problems, namely one that occurs whenever the game changes layout:

CocoonJS does not support letterbox scaling and if you try it, CocoonJS will default to Scale outer for fullscreen. If you use Scale outer with Construct 2 however, and you do not use the Scroll to behaviour anywhere in your project, then every time the game moves from one layout to another, Construct2 first puts everything in the middle of the screen for the first frame(s), then moves it all to the left side, resulting in a jarring flicker.

The way to fix this is simply add a Scroll to (0,0) call to the start of each layout.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:40 pm

[QUOTE=MouseofFun] "- How do we integrate the game with Facebook? I want the users to be able to publish their score to their walls
- I have the same need with twitter. I want my users to be able to tweet about their scores.
[/QUOTE]

I am looking at doing the same. Does anyone know how to do this?
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi!
I'm a Newbie and got immigrantsheep's same problem...

I can't integrate camera support with User Media in Construct. I'm using cocoon. Cocoon launcher says it can't access the camera in my mobile phone...

How can that be achieved?

Thx!
B

Post » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:24 am

I will put this baby down until the mobile events are correct..I cant even view over wifi since I got teh update ..and coocoon js ..is a bug all by itself ..If I hack all night , i'm sure i'll ge it ..but who hacks all friday night ..screw this ..
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:43 am

Does anyone know if there is there a difference between a full / final compile with cocoonjs and the CocoonJS Launcher app on iphone/ipad? If I'm getting 20-30 FPS on the launcher app, can I expect the same if I were to compile the app using xcode, etc? or would it improve... slightly? heavily?
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:29 am

I would love it if the Ludei logo isn't blinking like it wants users to have an epileptic fit.

Besides this, layout by layout loading = perfection.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General