Construct Community Sprite Art Library

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:23 am

Here everyone can post artwork they are willing to release to the community for use in games. Not everyone can draw, so I'm sure there will be some grateful code monkeys out there who can get some nice artwork for free. :D

This can include static images, animation sheets, animated characters already in a .cap, bone rigged characters, etc, etc. Anything that might be useful that you don't mind letting everyone use unconditionally. If you want to post free for non-commercial use only, that's also fine but please make sure it it clearly stated.

Check this thread for some stuff people already posted:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2312

Feel free to repost here if you like.
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":2dxq0yz8]Here everyone can post artwork they are willing to release to the community for use in games. Not everyone can draw, so I'm sure there will be some grateful code monkeys out there who can get some nice artwork for free. :D

This can include static images, animation sheets, animated characters already in a .cap, bone rigged characters, etc, etc. Anything that might be useful that you don't mind letting everyone use unconditionally. If you want to post free for non-commercial use only, that's also fine but please make sure it it clearly stated.

Check this thread for some stuff people already posted:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2312

Feel free to repost here if you like.[/quote:2dxq0yz8]

That is an excellent idea, though I'm a terrible artist. I'm thinking of making a light sound library for Construct users, how do people feel about that would you find it useful having a set of jumps, footsteps, shots, engines etc place-holder sounds you can use that isn't retro sounding?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 am

Not the greatest stuff, it is 3 or 4 years old now. But I have been thinking of giving my old stuff away, so if it helps anyone, sweet as.

I have an isometric set that I will tidy up and add later.

Forgive the jpg format, this is just an example

Sheet

Photoshop file for those that have it
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1487524/Forsake ... ileset.psd
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 pm

[quote="CrudeMik":1oerqmwy]That is an excellent idea, though I'm a terrible artist. I'm thinking of making a light sound library for Construct users, how do people feel about that would you find it useful having a set of jumps, footsteps, shots, engines etc place-holder sounds you can use that isn't retro sounding?[/quote:1oerqmwy]

Sounds like a good idea to me (pun intended) ;)

Make a thread if you want, we can throw them in there :D

Also, great work Steven I like them. They have a particular old-school charm to them while having that modern overtone to them.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:37 am

Some Isometric stuff

Example

Sheet

Photoshop file for those that have it
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1487524/Forsake ... Setup8.psd

You know SoldjahBoy, I don't think anyone ever really visits this part of the forum. I didn't even know about it until yesterday.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 am

This is the best idea ive seen.Now i can post all my sprites that i don't use anymore.I need to find them first lol.I will post some later :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:16 am

[quote="Steven":210bbptp]You know SoldjahBoy, I don't think anyone ever really visits this part of the forum. I didn't even know about it until yesterday.[/quote:210bbptp]

It's one of our hidden little gems ;)

Also, your pixel art is amazing. Thanks for your contributions, they will make for some high quality library art for people. Why did you never use there? Or did you? Looks like you spent a fair bit of time making them. Kudos on sharing though!

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 am

I made them for various reasons, different projects I had in mind but never went anywhere with them. Was a long time ago, back when I was using MMF.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Here is a menu type thingy i made.You may use this as you see fit.I only ask that you do not claim this menu as your own work.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:13 pm

A scary spritesheet i made for those halloween nights.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Tools and Resources