Construct crashes frequently, won't load most .cap files.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":5ongxr9b]32bit Windows still recognises 4gb of RAm, it just won't use it for Windows... though it does use it as a ram drive for other programs that are built to support extra memory[/quote:5ongxr9b]
No, you really can't use the last 500mb/1gb of RAM in a 32 bit system - the actual memory addresses are assigned to VRAM, other system devices, etc. so any physical RAM you install beyond this point will go completely unused.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:18 pm

[quote="Ashley":2j1fibor][quote="SoldjahBoy":2j1fibor]32bit Windows still recognises 4gb of RAm, it just won't use it for Windows... though it does use it as a ram drive for other programs that are built to support extra memory[/quote:2j1fibor]
No, you really can't use the last 500mb/1gb of RAM in a 32 bit system - the actual memory addresses are assigned to VRAM, other system devices, etc. so any physical RAM you install beyond this point will go completely unused.[/quote:2j1fibor]

Yeah it's a limitation of 32 bit architechture. When I said it uses it as a ram drive, I meant it will allocate it to things like virtual memory, vram, and system cache. It still "uses" it, but Windows doesn't "use" it.

Also, I have experienced lots of crashes with opening cap files on my big rig, but only when SLI is enabled. If I turn SLI off, it will open without a hitch. Weird.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic