construct docs

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:39 am

all is answered in wiki
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:56 am

This is a very fine request. While I do not currently have the time to undertake your ideas to the letter, I will keep it in mind to explain things to this amount of detail in my future sources.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:31 pm

That would be something good to have... It's a lot of work to make these clear and understandable but I'm sure it would be worth the effort...

I think video tutorials could help out a bit as well, or even just caps showing what was added step by step, using separate layouts to build up to the final product...

Learning the overall logic of a program is more important than knowing the actual programming language...

I'll try to whip up a simple one and see how you like this approach...

I'm sooo tempted to try to use the text to speech object in this, but it's usually hard to hear on default windows systems.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 pm

I should be honest that as a user from the original game creation programs (Klik n PLay, Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion) I STILL don't understand much of the crazy math used in some of these applications. I usually stick to platformers LOL.

Construct is a rather simple program to use once you are comfortable with the interference, but then again I suspect most of us here came from a background of using these programs. I wonder if you can download Games Factory, that'd be a simple nothing fancy way to get used to game creation.

Construct is like a high tech cell phone; it has millions of cool features most people won't ever use for one game, but they are there.

I'm all for helping you out man, I learned Klik n PLay and Games Factory by myself and did things the hard way. Most of it is really just logic. Another thing too, not all people are suited to program and to do art, some are meant to do just one.

I did make a simple platform example if you haven't seen it already: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1071

I'll be glad to help, just mail me.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:52 pm

Hmmm...actually, if anyone can come up with a more ideas for lessons we can all contribute to the Construct Course, just naming which one's we'll create, bundle them together and volia!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:15 am

I like the idea of a series of "How-to" mini-articles that just explain how to get something done. Somebody could start a page on the wiki. Maybe a thread on the documentation project forum.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:08 pm

So guess .. you guys dont thinks its good what i try to do in here ..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1140
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 am

[quote="TheInstance":1w8gozgk]So guess .. you guys dont thinks its good what i try to do in here ..[/quote:1w8gozgk]

That isn't true... :cry:

You're doing a huge service to the Construct community by posting these tutorials. You might not be getting many responses simply because most of the people here seem to be pretty well-aquainted with Construct already, and they might not see a reason to comment on it.

Please don't feel like your efforts aren't doing any good, or aren't appreciated, Instance. I would still be stuck with collision detection if it wasn't for your help. 8)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 am

Caspis speaks truth. Sometimes, the best deeds go unpraised. It's part of this thing called being a nice person. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:40 am

I would put a comment about it (because it is very good), but it would be harder for people to read if they had to dodge between commentary of other users.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion