Construct image editor bugs and PNG transparency suggestion

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Speaking of image editor bugs i found one, when using the square selection tool construct gives an error.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote="CaptainOblivious":oa59zr3z]Use this file and see if the paint bucket tool now works.

http://www.strouperman.com/Special/triangle2.png

If the paint bucket tool doesn't work for you when it works for me, using this 32-bit PNG, then you've found a bug with the way the tool operates.

If it works just fine for you, then maybe the non-32-bit PNG is becoming lossy in its transition to Construct, as a separate side effect from the gray back ground.

I'll keep my F5 key primed...[/quote:oa59zr3z]

Well, in that file. The transparency is already there. I don't need to use the bucket.

OH WAIT, hold on a second. I just found a bug. If I fill in the outside with say blue, it does the same thing I said in the first post.

Bingo!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Okay, I did a couple of tests then. As I suspected, the sub-32 PNG is lossy when imported. Copy/pasted into Fireworks so I could compare the gray area around the triangle. They are very slightly different shades of gray, the reason why the bucket will not fill it all in.

Hey, at least we have a work-around. Just use the highest quality PNG, and Construct has no issue. The fact that this replicates in MMF as well tells me it's something to do with PNG, not Construct anyway.

Doppel: The square selection tool doesn't work at all for me. Screen shots, steps, and reliability of reproduction (happens every time?) would help the devs improve this system.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:10 pm

O RLY? Yes, we have found a major bug with the paint bucket tool.

Do you want to file it on SourceForge or shall I?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:12 pm

[quote="CaptainOblivious":39xd5a3i]O RLY? Yes, we have found a major bug with the paint bucket tool.

Do you want to file it on SourceForge or shall I?[/quote:39xd5a3i]

I'm.. no good with these things. If you want to, that would be nice. :-)

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm

I still can't reproduce the bug myself.

What Operating System name and version do you have?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:21 pm

[quote="CaptainOblivious":2imlfmvz]I still can't reproduce the bug myself.

What Operating System name and version do you have?[/quote:2imlfmvz]

That's strange. I'm using Windows XP Professional SP 2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:26 pm

Hmm. Cannot reproduce it on \\Araquiel (XP sp2), or \\Cortana (Vista sp1). Your image serves as enough proof though. I'll file this on SourceForge.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:34 pm

There's also another bug I found. The eraser tool only does 2 pixels. It cannot be shrunk to 1 pixel.

I guess I'll file that on SourceForge myself. That's easy to describe compared to this bug.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 pm

[quote="machrider":pp4koczs]However, people have been shooting down bug and feature requests recently due to some sort of feeling that Construct won't have x support if Ashley fixes or adds y.[/quote:pp4koczs]

It wasn't "some sort of feeling." I clearly explained my reasons, and they weren't without merit. I wasn't arguing just to argue, you know. So please don't take it personally because it's nothing against you.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion