Construct is AWESOME.

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 am

quazi, there's certain stuff that's just nicer with scripting
when you learn c++, you'll see how certain things are just easier that way;

however, saying that scripting is not useful in construct without realizing/mentioning scripting is broken probably means he hasn't tried much

also, xombul, if you feel comfortable with c++, you should try making plugins

anywho, back to the thread topic
yeah, construct is lightyears ahead of secondbest in this gamemaker genre
it's the only one I've seen where you really don't have to make compromises as far as quality
the fact that most questions are answered with Cap examples speaks volumes about it's ease of use
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:52 am

Construct is AWESOME. :wink:
Compare this:
count << " It is my first program !!!";
}
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:18 pm

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":23hq41jq]ive been able to make 3d engines, complicated IK solving systems, detailed editors and alot of other stuff using only events. this is coming from someone with 0 coding experience and who hasn't even learned trig yet at school.
[/quote:23hq41jq]

Hmm. Darn. Why haven't I created a Source-like engine yet? :mrgreen: About time I delve into the code of those 3D engine thingies.. And refresh my math skills, apparently :oops:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:17 pm

[quote="Yaraslau":l4ek6gjz]Construct is AWESOME. :wink:
Compare this:
count << " It is my first program !!!";
}
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 am

[quote="Mipey":3asm89qs]Besides, the above example wouldn't work! I believe it is cout ;)
That is why Construct is awesome, you have everything at a mouse's reach, no worries about syntax unless you're into expressions.[/quote:3asm89qs]

even in expressions, syntax isnt very complicated, you dont need semicolons and slashes and dont need to know weird words like cout and isostream. you only need to make sure brackets are closed and remember to put +- ect between terms.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:50 am

so simple. so easy. so fun. Construct, its orgasmic.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:33 am

[quote="lucid":2wt0pho6]
also, xombul, if you feel comfortable with c++, you should try making plugins
[/quote:2wt0pho6]

I would love to work with plugins. But apparently you need one of the expensive visual studio editions. If just plugins could be created with visual studio express.
B
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 am

[quote="Highimpact":38ueps5c]so simple. so easy. so fun. Construct, its orgasmic.[/quote:38ueps5c]

Orgasmic feelings are undocumented features of Construct. Enjoy! :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:39 am

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":3le7wqrv]
you need to grasp the event system with better comprehension, the small amounts of actions for somethings doesnt mean anything. i get by perfectly using mostly expressions, loops, system expressions and pvs. if you can grasp all of those languages, you shouldn't have any trouble with event logic, which is 100x simpler. if youre excuse is that events are underpowered, thats a stupid reason. ive been able to make 3d engines, complicated IK solving systems, detailed editors and alot of other stuff using only events. this is coming from someone with 0 coding experience and who hasn't even learned trig yet at school.
[/quote:3le7wqrv]

I just don't think one solution fits all. You can do fine with events (fine). I can live with events but would be much better off with a scripting system that works. I am not complaining about not being able to do what I want with the events. I just wants scripting support as well :-)
B
G

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 pm

[quote="Xombul":1fav0hdq]
I just don't think one solution fits all. You can do fine with events (fine). I can live with events but would be much better off with a scripting system that works. I am not complaining about not being able to do what I want with the events. I just wants scripting support as well :-)[/quote:1fav0hdq]

Understandable - each to his own. For me, events are a joy I can barely describe. The way Construct works fits really well with how I think.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion