Construct is AWESOME.

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 pm

[quote="Xombul":1fav0hdq]
I just don't think one solution fits all. You can do fine with events (fine). I can live with events but would be much better off with a scripting system that works. I am not complaining about not being able to do what I want with the events. I just wants scripting support as well :-)[/quote:1fav0hdq]

Understandable - each to his own. For me, events are a joy I can barely describe. The way Construct works fits really well with how I think.
B
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Well i have to say ive been working with construct for about 2 weeks now and am thrilled with it, since im an artist and have no clue about programming, ive tried other solutions but the ease of use and functionality gets 2 thumbs up from me, btw ill make my game announcement soon... just gotta love how speedy and user friendly it is.
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:39 am

Oh, by the way: I had the idea of hosting a Construct game making competition. As soon as I'm done with my current project, that is. A competition with prizes and everything. The theme would be somewhat anarchic and irreverent (I have something very specific in mind) - the result would hopefully be attention for Construct and some good games.

What do you think?
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:39 am

I'm all for it. Just give everybody enough notice when it will start and end and make sure to advertise it. Also, we could always have the top winner have to submit the .cap or some other way to show they used Construct. It would also be beneficial for people to learn the great stuff Construct can do.

It's a great idea.. we need more competitions!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:34 am

Sounds like fun :)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 pm

can always have showcase games made in construct etc ^^
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:06 pm

[quote="scidave":1xh3fxpk]I'm all for it. Just give everybody enough notice when it will start and end and make sure to advertise it. Also, we could always have the top winner have to submit the .cap or some other way to show they used Construct. It would also be beneficial for people to learn the great stuff Construct can do.

It's a great idea.. we need more competitions![/quote:1xh3fxpk]

Good. I'll definitely give everyone enough time, and I'm pretty certain I can get the word out.
And having people submit their .cap files for verification is a really good idea.
I'll get on it as soon as I'm done with my current project.
B
G

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Well, I guess one can never praise enough that which deserves to be praised, so here it comes:

After using Construct a couple of weeks now, Ive come to the conclusion that construct is AWESOME 8) Been looking for something like this for years, having tried several different "Easy game making"-suits, but construct just blows away the competition, imo. Love the logical way in which the program is structured, and even if the documentation is lacking in some parts, the easiness of the program workflow makes up for that :) And all this for free :!:

So, thanks a lot to the devs, and as soon as my unemployment ends, Ill be sure to send some donations your way. High quality, niched, free software like this should really be encouraged in every way it can be done :P
B
G

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:19 am

The awesome thing about Construct is that it lets you spend all your time thinking about the creative side of game making, to explore and experiment rather than worry about the technical junk.
It becomes a questions of "what", not "how". Which is soooo refreshing! :mrgreen:

Big thanks and praise for creating this powerful tool!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:03 pm

I just presented Construct to an University crowd at a talk I gave and they went, and I'll use a scientific term here, completely Nutz.

So yeah. Awesome.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion