Construct Limits

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Dear Arima,
Got you, thanks for helping...

I am not a programmer - I started with CC and this was my first experiencee in game making. I solved everything with CC but for the impossibility to include multipal (in my case complex) objects...

What do you mean under splitting sheets? All my heroes are described by the same procedures. And I even joined all the events of one paticular Hero to a group and if the Hero is destroyed his group is disabled. Could you post an example of splitting - I suppose it is my case.

With lap top upgrading - I'll try as well.

I need to place in the game 400 Heroes. I've managed to place in the game only 30.
B

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Is it - add event sheet?
B

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:53 am

You need 400 more objects?? I really don't know what CC is going to do with almost a thousand objects. :/ What are you making?

Also, what do you mean by 'multipal' objects?

By splitting sheets, I mean something like make a new event sheet, copy the second half of the events from your original event sheet and paste them into the new event sheet. Then delete them from the original one, and add an event sheet include to the original sheet. That way you get the same behavior at runtime, but the IDE has less to have to work with.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am

Dear Arima,
I followed your advise. That much much much better with the time! It works. The only I don't understand now how to INCLUDE. Found nothing in menu. Event sheets do not liable to pull and drop in the layout. Please, help more....)

It is a Naval Warfare strategy. Let's say Pearl Harbour and so on. The scenario is based upon the real events. Characters are composite means that ships have big guns, secondary guns, airplanes, torpedo mounts (separate sprites) - every mount is allocated to the appropriate ship and has its range and sector of fire. The enemy discovery depends upon the day time and weather. The possibility of hitting the enemy ship is calculated with the exponent formula - the hit is much probable on the short ranges. I made the ships keep the squdron order - so called "keelwater order" and and to turn all at once. I also created the level maps and can zoom it in a manner of Google map. I solved the probleme with automated enemy following not the friendly but the passing ahead (there is no possibility to avoid the battle.... In fact the game is only to be composed with characters (most of the are already created) and to be filled with the scenarious (random distributing the enemy in the appropriate place at the app time).Dima1112012-04-27 10:30:50
B

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Arima,
I've founf it!)
B

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 pm

As far as I can guess now Construct can afford 1500 objects or 20 000 000 bites file.
Dear Arima - even division of events to multipal event sheets does not help any more. The program closes when something is added....

May be it will be better with the new computer.... Dima1112012-05-02 22:26:09
B

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

Before you get a new computer, could you list the specs of your current computer? I'm not 100% sure that a new computer will do much to help. My reason being that I spent over 2000 on a new computer last year (two graphics cards, a quad core i7, 16GB RAM, solid state drive) and I often run into slow-downs in my Construct game. I use quite large textures, and if I concentrate too many of them in one area, all interactive with my main character, my frame rate is cut in half.

I think it's highly likely in my case that Construct is the bottleneck, and not my computer. I just want to make sure this isn't the case for you too before you rush off to spend a lot of money on something that might not work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

Silver, thanks for helping,

Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU T5750, 2GHz, 2GB OM

All my characters are alike and are "living" under the same formulas, not too complicated. The only trouble is they too numerous(

That is the system message - "An invalid argument was encountered" (5 times) and the Construct shuts down. That happens when I click on the included (empty) event to copy the separately made character events in within.Dima1112012-05-03 11:37:14
B

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Hmmm, then I'm not sure. A new computer might well help, but I have no idea how much. Have you tried running the .CAP on a friend's computer to see if the issue exists on different hardware? If you're okay with uploading it, I could always try loading the .CAP on my computer for you too.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 pm

@Dima111 - it sounds like you've encountered one of the dreaded memory leaks. Does the problem happen immediately after startup and loading the file? Because if you're willing to upload it, that might help one of the people maintaining construct classic fix it.

However, I'm almost entirely sure you're incorrect about construct being able to handle 1500 objects. The fact that you have 1500 objects, from my experience, is why you're getting that error message about invalid arguments. The more objects construct classic has, the quicker the memory leak will crash the program. I'm almost positive that the memory leak is involved with the image editor and how many objects, and possibly animation frames, a .cap has. The only way I've managed to get around it is to repeatedly close and reopen construct after editing a few animations to reset the memory leak.

I hate to say it, but I think you're trying to make a game that construct classic simply can't handle. Why do you need so many objects?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic