Construct Mentor

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:39 am

hi, i am still new to construct and i really want to learn how to using it.
even after following some tutorial, i still barely understand how to make my game.
i dont know about programming, and sometimes the template give me such "weird" code for me, like :

"Create object Turret on layer Game at (round((Touch.X - 16) / 32) * 32 + 16,round((Touch.Y - 16) / 32) * 32 + 16)"

i am so confused about that formula. my friend said its simple algebra, but i still dont get it.
i am curious about mentor in this forum, like not mentoring new user everyday, but more like weekend? and give such good direction on what things should i learn to make my game. if anyone in this forum can help me, i am really glad. :)
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Yes, expressions can be a bit tricky at the beginning. Don't be scared, because you'll get the hang of them pretty fast. I'd suggest you make a simple game using just plain simple numbers for your first game (for ex.: Create object Turret on layer Game at 320;450).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:36 am

glerikud wrote:Yes, expressions can be a bit tricky at the beginning. Don't be scared, because you'll get the hang of them pretty fast. I'd suggest you make a simple game using just plain simple numbers for your first game (for ex.: Create object Turret on layer Game at 320;450).

i made like one level before of platformer game. it went pretty good (for me). now i have idea to create a simple turret defense game, but sometimes i dont know what to do with the code like i make 2 route for enemy to reach the castle and i make route b is more shorter than route a. i want to enemy a to choose route a, but sometimes it just went to route b. well, i just need someone who can lead me to right knowledge so i can make a progress to my game
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:23 am

Read this:
yeah, i really like to say that you should "Read this:"
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 am

Ever heard of Udemy?

It is basically a site where instructors make classes. I have a class that teaches 60 games in C2.

I just started to take it 3 weeks ago when I bought the license. It is literally night and day from 3 weeks ago from what I have learned. Mostly from making actual games per his lessons.

Also from adding to those games and making my own versions of them. Simple games, but using a lot of random behaviors. Which is great experience. Plus anything I haven't learned yet a simple google search or forum search will explain everything!

It isn't free of course, but nothing is. I went out and put this $129 on the credit card within 2 days of buying his class. I knew this engine was legit and was completely and totally worth a mere $129.

Just make a clone of a game from scratch or as much as you can and you will learn loads of things.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:45 am

himageki wrote:
glerikud wrote:i made like one level before of platformer game. it went pretty good (for me). now i have idea to create a simple turret defense game, but sometimes i dont know what to do with the code like i make 2 route for enemy to reach the castle and i make route b is more shorter than route a. i want to enemy a to choose route a, but sometimes it just went to route b. well, i just need someone who can lead me to right knowledge so i can make a progress to my game

Have tried to download the C2 examples game? I know there is a turret or something like that game. Might be a good way to see how it works and add/subtract from there.

I can get the capx if you aren't sure how to do it exactly. I honestly can't remember the exact steps I did when I first did it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Well im no mentor but if youre interested in having a learning partner i'm here! :D i speak fluent english and spanish :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:44 am

SAG wrote:Well im no mentor but if youre interested in having a learning partner i'm here! :D i speak fluent english and spanish :D

oh, really ?
thats really helpful. :D
right now, i cant do a pm, so we talk using email ?
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General