Construct project asking for donations - Warriare

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:09 am

We're asking for donations for our Construct project. Here it is: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/13326-ipad-4-game-warriare

I already have an iPad 4. If you pay for a Nexus 10 for us, I will post a review on this website comparing the iPad 4 to the Nexus 10, so you guys have a better idea of which is best.

I've made some Construct games in the past and have shown people on this forum, but I've since taken them down. Games such as "Decision Remark". They were average. But I did get a point or two from the feedback I got on them.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 am

There's no screen shots, concept art, and only a vague description of the overall basis of the game. I think you need to provide more details before asking for money. Especially if its for a tablet. You should invest in a concept artist first or something. Design the game first before testing on final devices.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 am

[QUOTE=justifun] There's no screen shots, concept art, and only a vague description of the overall basis of the game. I think you need to provide more details before asking for money. Especially if its for a tablet. You should invest in a concept artist first or something. Design the game first before testing on final devices.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the lack of screenshots. We're having some problems with our artist, or our artist is having some problems, I should say.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 am

There is a game called Isles of Min on the iTunes Store that we would like for our game to resemble.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 am

Put yourself in a would-be donator's place. What would motivate you to part with your hard earned cash? Remember, getting someone to donate is basically selling your idea to them. The more you give, the more likely they'll give. Good luck!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 am

Since it has been brought up, I'll work on having some more info and some stuff to see up soon.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 am

Yeah you need to "tempt" people to donate. Put up as much as you possibly can. People need to believe in you as much as your project. End of the day, if you don't give too much, then in their eyes (imo) you're not that bothered. I'm just offering advice based on what I've learned by looking at many many donation based games.

One thing I have noticed is that people are now becoming wary of projects that could possibly be abandoned. You need to show them otherwise ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 am

I'm typing on an iPad right now so don't expect much until I get on my computer, but my technical papers call for 3 different types of ogres as enemies, one troll, one berserker enemy, one ghost and one ghoul. For dungeon bosses, there is a troll boss, a dragon, a fire tree, and a dark knight. It wouldn't be inaccurate to call this game a beat-em-up, but the dungeons will also have puzzles like the puzzles in Golden Sun. There are 1-2 of us, me who is more of a programmer and a busy friend who is more of an artist.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am

Just to show that I've worked on things, here is a picture of a game I made about two years ago:

[pic removed because it was crappy]

This new game should be better. I was doing the graphics for the game in the picture, and I'm not very good. But now we have a dedicated artist. Plus I didn't pay a lot of attention to certain things - my games should look and be better now.thetrue2013-02-15 08:42:49
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 am

My code with Construct 1:

I can also do better for it. It wasn't framerate-independent.thetrue2013-01-11 04:10:10
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic