Construct stability

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:42 am

I would say generally if you use the last stable build (or even the latest build), provided you're only building up groundwork, you're unlikely to run into too many problems. Most of the remaining problems don't prohibit general work.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:55 pm

i've been planning and implementing framwork stuff for a while now and 99.3 is the best, most stable version so far. You'll need to do the framework stuff anyway before the actual work starts, so just get it going.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 am

[quote="deadeye":pgpfn4qr]It's Muz. From TDC. He's made games and stuff before [/quote:pgpfn4qr]
Lol, sorry muz, I don't hang around tdc. Sorry to noob preach :mrgreen: .
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm

[quote="Rich":ne6bmlnn]I would say generally if you use the last stable build (or even the latest build), provided you're only building up groundwork, you're unlikely to run into too many problems. Most of the remaining problems don't prohibit general work.[/quote:ne6bmlnn]

Construct crashed when i was creating new sprite. Basicly what happendc i've started new project, i wanted to check something in event editor, but i forgoth that if there is no object on the layout there will be no options in event editor. so i went back to layout, and while creating new sprite when picture aditor started to load cons crashed. no sample cap becasue it was empty only with selected direct-x game project.

I'll add to tracker.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Yeah, that's a known issue - when creating a new project, if you go to event editor before creating a sprite, it crashes. Simply add some object - mousekeyboard for example - before poking the event sheet.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:34 pm

[quote="Muz":3259yej2]I've got a rather ambitious game in mind. We're generally suggested to "wait until version 1.0 before trying something big". But I was wondering if the current version is stable enough to start with? Anything I should try to avoid or work around for now?

Oh, and does Construct support scripting?[/quote:3259yej2]
Yo Muz, long time no see brother :D

Good to see you around here again. To answer your question, yes, the current builds are pretty good, but as Davioware suggested you should look at 0.98.9 if you want a solid build.

The next build for the 0.99 series shouldn't be far away, and there are some substantial bug fixes in there that should (hopefully) give us our next stable build.

Get started mang, I want to see what you can whip up with this bad boy.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion