Construct Translations

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:51 pm

What kind of software do you recommend to make it possible to correctly translate Construct in other languages? Or make the translations available as an optional download...
B
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Construct is not fully translatable, so I would wait until better translation support is implemented.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 am

[quote="Ashley":8fnrkd1u]Construct is not fully translatable, so I would wait until better translation support is implemented.[/quote:8fnrkd1u]

While support may be limited, if the source is open why is it that translation is not fully possible?
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Because we haven't written full support for translations yet and there's no UI to change language - as soon as someone fixes that in the source code, translations will be more useful.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:28 pm

I'd like to see an export to different variations of C, including C# for XNA. MMF doesn't have either yet as well, but the one that does that first will get my exclusive attention in the future.
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Construct doesn't export source code.
It exports executables.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 am

What advantage does exporting source code rather than built EXEs have? What does that have to do with this thread? :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:25 am

[quote="Ashley":14dolk2u]What advantage does exporting source code rather than built EXEs have? What does that have to do with this thread? :P[/quote:14dolk2u]

Well it depends on what language the source exported in. If it went to a C or C++ or even C# it could be useful to build a base game using construct and the rest or expand on it in one of the languages mentioned.

Onto what that has to do with this thread? Nothing. :)
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30 am

[quote="Ashley":34tq72lz]What advantage does exporting source code rather than built EXEs have? What does that have to do with this thread? :P[/quote:34tq72lz]

I see what he's after doing.

He wants a very simple method where all the hard bits are done (behaviors) of creating a complex game (requested in another thread) using minimal effort and to use construct to do it, then to "export" the result as l33t source code, with translated versions for the win, to "import" *chuckles* into XNA or something (he mentions XNA a lot) make some more changes, then "export" the source code back out, and call it his own, then to sell on the internets for profit.

And then Uwe Boll will make a movie of it, but completely different.

I don't actually know, but it's entertaining none the less!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

[quote="Lost my Keys":2xrcluif]"export" the source code back out[/quote:2xrcluif]
What do you mean by importing source code to XNA then exporting it out again? That doesn't make any sense. Source code is source code.

As for exporting to source code, I really don't see the point. You would never be able to modify the source code to make changes. The insides of the event engine are very complex, and because there are no languages that support event style picking as language features, the generated sourcecode would not be human readable, it'd just be a massive mess, like a really complicated function copied and pasted a thousand times. And what kind of changes would you make? What would the advantages be? There are no advantages to exporting source code. Only disadvantages.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion