Construct Translations

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 pm

hey! another post with snide namecalling and half-truths! I'll just let it slide.

Okay done. So!
Say a company thought the game was really good but they need the source. Say your IDE exports source. Say the techs take a look at the exported source.

Say the tech say "screw it, we'll redo". Why? semantics are ALWAYS lost in model translation. There's no way automately generated code can be as nice to read and modify as properly documented and commented code is.
So yeah, remaking is probably the best way to go about that, even if you could export source. Have you ever looked at generated code? I have. It takes much less effort to rewrite than to understand and modify it.
I won't recite my basis for this, as I already did.

Post » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 am

Well in c# or XNA you can export to consoles

Post » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:17 am

@L01ZA you can do the same in Unity or UDK (hint: Most console games are made in one of these now, or a custom engine that uses scripting in its own kind of language), which have their own scripting languages. CC is just a visual version of a scripting language and for those that like "real code" there is some decent Python support. I don't see any reason to argue over it though, the amount of TIME saved by tools like Construct Classic and Construct 2 is why they exist.

Construct tools are awesome for prototyping and finding something you want to make into a full game, even if you do switch to programming later on.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit

Return to Construct Classic Discussion