Construct vs. Multimedia Fusion

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:05 pm

In my Video you can see a bird.
The bird follows a simple path.
Is path movement already inclued in Construct?
It' is a easy way to move "stupid" enemys in Vertical Shooters etc...
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:28 pm

[quote="Ashley":2k0zxj19]You can achieve nearly the same with linear sampling (the default in Construct). This makes rotations and scaling look "smooth" and high quality and runs just as fast, but it is not antialiasing, it's just a different way of deciding which pixels to draw. This is incorrectly sometimes referred to as antialiasing,[/quote:2k0zxj19]

Then that is what I was incorrectly referring to :P

[quote="arcade80":2k0zxj19]In my Video you can see a bird.
The bird follows a simple path.
Is path movement already inclued in Construct?
It' is a easy way to move "stupid" enemys in Vertical Shooters etc...[/quote:2k0zxj19]

No, there is no Path object or behavior. It has been requested before, I believe. I don't know what ever came of that idea, but it might be a nice addition.

If you want simple back and forth stuff, then you don't really need paths. There's a Sine behavior that you can use to make things move back and forth, or up and down repeatedly. If you want more complicated movement then you can fake paths by telling objects to move to certain coordinates, and when they reach those coordinates to start moving to new coordinates, etc.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 pm

With the exception of the occasional bug or crash, construct is many, many times more elegant than MMF (coding wise, graphically and the interface).
Construct is also a good investment as it keeps getting considerably better, whereas MMF development moves kind of sideways, rather than forward (MMF 1.5 to MMF2 was a really strange update with very few new features).

Don't get me wrong, I still think MMF is good, and respect to the developers for creating it, but its almost un-usable from a developer point of view due to the backwards way you have to make stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:54 pm

[quote="deadeye":29vn7rlr]If you want simple back and forth stuff, then you don't really need paths. There's a Sine behavior that you can use to make things move back and forth, or up and down repeatedly. If you want more complicated movement then you can fake paths by telling objects to move to certain coordinates, and when they reach those coordinates to start moving to new coordinates, etc.[/quote:29vn7rlr]

More complex enemy behaviour can be achieved with the timeline object, or with timers and other conditions. It can be a little tricky to get down, but with a bit of work, you can get some quite dynamic and interesting behaviour. It's obviously not quite as easy as drawing the enemy walk path like in KnP (haven't used MMF, maybe it's similar?).
B
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion