construct: which version to use?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Always read the changelogs. Changes like that are usually clearly outlined, eg. "Breaking change: 'Start of Application' removed, make sure you remove any events using it in your .cap or it will crash". I can't remember now why it was removed, but the changelog would've said why.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks Ashley, I didnt know. Im new to the site and havent explored it much.

Didnt have internet for long time so friends would dowload the newest version for me.

So I didnt have the benefit of all this information...thats why Im kinda thinking that some of this information should be set with new version downloads but I understand the availability now and greatfully will check for any information I believe I may need. Previously I wasnt aware of the need for checking any change logs. Kinda a drag to be a neebee at times but also make life more exciting.

Love what you've all accomplished so far and cant wait to see what next.

Keep up the excellent work and dont forget to smile :D
B
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:19 am

I say go with 98.9. That's the version I'm using. It doesn't have all the spiffy new features, but certain things like sound and music work. You have a few more bug fixes about certain things in the latest version though, but the fact sound and music doesn't work in it is probably a bug too, so... Just download a few, try 'em out, I guess.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:29 am

[quote="Kisai":2o4thtap]I say go with 98.9. That's the version I'm using. It doesn't have all the spiffy new features, but certain things like sound and music work. You have a few more bug fixes about certain things in the latest version though, but the fact sound and music doesn't work in it is probably a bug too, so... Just download a few, try 'em out, I guess.[/quote:2o4thtap]
Sound and music work just fine in the latest versions for me, unless you're talking about playing files that are in the "Sound" and "Music" folders. The XAudio object only gives you the option of playing files from the "Files" folder for whatever reason.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:39 am

<Kisai_Sakurai>: 99.72 ALMOST works right, but sound and music doesn't seem to work.
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: what's up with the sound?

<Kisai_Sakurai>: Well, it won't play.

[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: as resource?

<Kisai_Sakurai>: Yeah.

[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: kisai, could be the files folder thing
<Kisai_Sakurai>: Whaddaya mean?
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: the sound and music folders aren't complete in 99.72
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: you have to put the sounds in the files folder
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: then they play fine from resources
<Kisai_Sakurai>: Does it play then?
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: yeah
<Kisai_Sakurai>: Oh...
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: works fine
<Kisai_Sakurai>: I should check. Because everything else kinda works exactly how I want for my project.

<Kisai_Sakurai>: I just spent the last minute testing that, making a new .cap where music plays on start up, and a sound effect plays on any key pressed... And holy shit, it DOES work that way!
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: yep :)

[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: bahaha kisai you posted too soon in that "which version" thread :P
[color=#40BF00:2lrirsyg]<deadeye>[/color:2lrirsyg]: classic
<Kisai_Sakurai>: Damnation.

:lol:
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion