Construct2 AND Gamemaker - do you need both?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:25 am

I'm getting really frustrated by YoYoGames' servers. Anyone who purchase the GM bundle, brace yourselves. I'm trying to activate my license for 3 days now. Their servers are overwhelmed (although I don't think that thousands of users are trying to activate licenses every second, maybe their servers are just weak).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:49 am

I couldn't register for several hours on YoYoGames, so I tried to buy GM Studio Pro on their site and use redeems there, but I ended up with Server Error 500. Now after I managed to register, I can't use my redeems cause they already have been used haha. I wrote to the support hopefully they will fix it for me.

It's around 60 000 bundles sold in such a short time, no wonder servers are overloaded.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:50 am

BackendFreak wrote:It's around 60 000 bundles sold in such a short time, no wonder servers are overloaded.

In my opinion a server should be able to handle 60.000 users in 3 days. But maybe my expectations are just too high.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:57 am

Just got reply from YoYoGames.

Peter (YoYo Games Ltd.)

Sep 21, 10:44

Hi there,

We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Our website is experiencing a massive amount of traffic due to the Humble Bundle sale.
This is causing issues with the YoYo Accounts and GameMaker Studio updates.

We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Once everything is running correctly there will be a news post on our website to let everyone know.
An update will also be posted on our Knowledge base as well: https://yoyogames.zendesk.com/

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and we hope to have this issue solved as quickly as possible.
If you are still having problem/issues after the fix has been released, please create a new ticket and let us know and we'll assist you.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter
YoYo Games Customer Support
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 am

@BackendFreak Thanks for sharing their reply. Guess I'll have to wait for a while.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:38 pm

tumira wrote:If you have the extra money, to be honest for 12$ and you get pro with android exporters. Why not ? You can still go for IOS and other exporters when they are on sale later.

@KazaaMafia mind share with us your answer ? Intel XDK vs Native.

I haven't exported nothing yet because Yoyogames having site problems because everyone is flooding their database due to this Humble sale. It's hard to activate GM right now..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:54 pm

@KazaaMafia , me tooo :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:25 pm

I asked few questions on GMS forum regarding Android exports. I think you might be interested.

What I've found out:
1. GMS Android exports are fully native.
2. IAP, AdMob, Push Notifications are built in.
3. Performance is not perfect. You still have to be carefull with sprites etc. and do some optimizations.
Mike.Dailly wrote:on a reasonably modern device - should be fine

Well, C2 Crosswalk export is actually perfectly fine on modern devices ;). So things are a bit cleared out, but still question is what "fine" means comparing to C2 export. We'll see after they sort out things with server overload.

Here is the topic: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=676728
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:33 am

What if I'm just focused on PC games to release on Steam? I know C2 very well, but I'm interested in taking my development skills to the next level and do Unity (been doing tutorials) but I'm realizing how much more effort it's going to be to learn Unity, Scripting, and do the game I want all in Unity by myself. If C2 doesn't have performance problems on PC for a large map RPGs should I stick with it?
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:25 am

If it working for you why not? Alot of people like to have options. GameMaker is nice for something different. I find myself booting up C2 more often then anything else. Unity has 2D feature but I only look at them for 3d things. It looks like alot of work just to do simple stuff in 2D. But I am an impatient person.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General