Construct2 Codes are Javascript!??

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Woaw :o I didn't realized at first but maybe construct2 is combination of Javascript and HTML! I have learned HTML and I haven't seen anyway way to make an app, so I started to take Javascipt courses and I saw the word Game and app. So I guessed that Construct2 is an engine that uses HTML Canvas a for layout and JavaScript into a visual codes for Developers.
The point is we all are particularity programmer!! :D
Am I right? Or it is not JavaScript that C2 uses for its visual coding?
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Yep, Construct 2 uses HTML5 to let your gaming dreams become reality! :D
This means the code is JavaScript and for the graphics it uses the HTML5 canvas element (2d context or WebGL).
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Chupup Games wrote:Yep, Construct 2 uses HTML5 to let your gaming dreams become reality! :D
This means the code is JavaScript and for the graphics it uses the HTML5 canvas element (2d context or WebGL).

Wow, That's great but I have a question on my mind, How can export the files without C2? :lol:
I start like programming, and maybe I'll make few plugins for C2!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:41 pm

What you mean "without C2"? Sure, you can make games from the ground up with pure JavaScript/HTML5, but this is like reinventing the wheel every time. If you really want to code more freely, try one of the many JS libraries, like Phaser, MelonJS, CreateJS, PandaJS or for 3d ThreeJS or BabylonJS...
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Chupup Games wrote:What you mean "without C2"? Sure, you can make games from the ground up with pure JavaScript/HTML5, but this is like reinventing the wheel every time. If you really want to code more freely, try one of the many JS libraries, like Phaser, MelonJS, CreateJS, PandaJS or for 3d ThreeJS or BabylonJS...

Then No, I will stick for construct2 but since companies search for people with programming ability, I will learn them anyway.
By the way, which programming languages do you know?
I Know HTML, CSS, XOJO little PHP, and Javascript.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 pm

In the end it doesn't matter what language you use, the most important is the result. Learn and use the language you feel most comfortable with. Today you can make mobile games with many programming languages, like Java, C# or there are also frameworks with scripting language support, like Lua.

I know Java, C/C++, C#, JavaScript, Haxe, but like using C2 now because it's a great time saver.

HTML and CSS are not really programming languages, one is a markup language, the other stylesheet description ;)
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Chupup Games wrote:In the end it doesn't matter what language you use, the most important is the result. Learn and use the language you feel most comfortable with. Today you can make mobile games with many programming languages, like Java, C# or there are also frameworks with scripting language support, like Lua.

I know Java, C/C++, C#, JavaScript, Haxe, but like using C2 now because it's a great time saver.

HTML and CSS are not really programming languages, one is a markup language, the other stylesheet description ;)

Then a web developer is not considered a programmer right??
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

@Naji HTML/CSS are not programming language, are mark up languages, depends what's kind of web developer who does HTML/CSS/JS as interface for users, it's front end developer. If do for server to manage data, output, PHP, etc. it's back end developer, if they do both, it's web developer, being developer is more than programmer.

C2 is good editor to make games in short time, it depends what you're looking to work in companies, if they say they prefer code instead of final product. I suggest you should make your own games to sell your license to game portals.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Naji wrote:
Chupup Games wrote:In the end it doesn't matter what language you use, the most important is the result. Learn and use the language you feel most comfortable with. Today you can make mobile games with many programming languages, like Java, C# or there are also frameworks with scripting language support, like Lua.

Then a web developer is not considered a programmer right??

Almost zero percent of web designers use HTML these days, they use programs (programs you could actually buy retail). So no, they're not even primitive programmers.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:44 pm

B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General