Construct2 Codes are Javascript!??

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • Woaw I didn't realized at first but maybe construct2 is combination of Javascript and HTML! I have learned HTML and I haven't seen anyway way to make an app, so I started to take Javascipt courses and I saw the word Game and app. So I guessed that Construct2 is an engine that uses HTML Canvas a for layout and JavaScript into a visual codes for Developers.

The point is we all are particularity programmer!!

Am I right? Or it is not JavaScript that C2 uses for its visual coding?

• Yep, Construct 2 uses HTML5 to let your gaming dreams become reality!

This means the code is JavaScript and for the graphics it uses the HTML5 canvas element (2d context or WebGL).

• Yep, Construct 2 uses HTML5 to let your gaming dreams become reality!

This means the code is JavaScript and for the graphics it uses the HTML5 canvas element (2d context or WebGL).

Wow, That's great but I have a question on my mind, How can export the files without C2?

I start like programming, and maybe I'll make few plugins for C2!

• What you mean "without C2"? Sure, you can make games from the ground up with pure JavaScript/HTML5, but this is like reinventing the wheel every time. If you really want to code more freely, try one of the many JS libraries, like Phaser, MelonJS, CreateJS, PandaJS or for 3d ThreeJS or BabylonJS...

• What you mean "without C2"? Sure, you can make games from the ground up with pure JavaScript/HTML5, but this is like reinventing the wheel every time. If you really want to code more freely, try one of the many JS libraries, like Phaser, MelonJS, CreateJS, PandaJS or for 3d ThreeJS or BabylonJS...

Then No, I will stick for construct2 but since companies search for people with programming ability, I will learn them anyway.

By the way, which programming languages do you know?

I Know HTML, CSS, XOJO little PHP, and Javascript.

• In the end it doesn't matter what language you use, the most important is the result. Learn and use the language you feel most comfortable with. Today you can make mobile games with many programming languages, like Java, C# or there are also frameworks with scripting language support, like Lua.

I know Java, C/C++, C#, JavaScript, Haxe, but like using C2 now because it's a great time saver.

HTML and CSS are not really programming languages, one is a markup language, the other stylesheet description

• In the end it doesn't matter what language you use, the most important is the result. Learn and use the language you feel most comfortable with. Today you can make mobile games with many programming languages, like Java, C# or there are also frameworks with scripting language support, like Lua.

I know Java, C/C++, C#, JavaScript, Haxe, but like using C2 now because it's a great time saver.

HTML and CSS are not really programming languages, one is a markup language, the other stylesheet description

Then a web developer is not considered a programmer right??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Naji HTML/CSS are not programming language, are mark up languages, depends what's kind of web developer who does HTML/CSS/JS as interface for users, it's front end developer. If do for server to manage data, output, PHP, etc. it's back end developer, if they do both, it's web developer, being developer is more than programmer.

C2 is good editor to make games in short time, it depends what you're looking to work in companies, if they say they prefer code instead of final product. I suggest you should make your own games to sell your license to game portals.

• > In the end it doesn't matter what language you use, the most important is the result. Learn and use the language you feel most comfortable with. Today you can make mobile games with many programming languages, like Java, C# or there are also frameworks with scripting language support, like Lua.

> I know Java, C/C++, C#, JavaScript, Haxe, but like using C2 now because it's a great time saver.

> HTML and CSS are not really programming languages, one is a markup language, the other stylesheet description

>

Then a web developer is not considered a programmer right??

Almost zero percent of web designers use HTML these days, they use programs (programs you could actually buy retail). So no, they're not even primitive programmers.

• I would say the link of joannesalfa is actually a nice way to see the basics type of people working in that pe of branch:

-the ones that try things out to have the working and optimum result at the end, they can be a great help when explaining how stuffs will react and why.

-the ones that will do a working solution while limiting them to strict rules they put to themselves in terms of keeping the stuff clean and editable, optimal is not the goal as working is enough (this is actually the type C2 encourage, as performances are really helped with keeping the code clean)

-the ones that will work around issues easily so they can have a working result yet clean, even though sometimes there will be dark zones.

There is also web developpers supporting ie6 and the like, I will take them outside of those categories as sometimes they don t seem to agree on what their job truly is (either they try to support new standards on browsers that were not meant to, or they simply ignore them completely, the second one which reveals a sort of foolishness and short term solution only)

• Naji Read again...

Developer are programmers to a greater or lesser extent.

Computer scientists are programmers to a greater or lesser extent.

This link it's a personal opinion as he says Javascript is not recommended for software development. Experienced software developer know some programming languages, obviously some programming languages are based from C, maybe he is right.

I personally use javascript+node-webkit to save a lot of time and avoid dependency on cross platform. So who cares?

• > skorks.com/2010/03/the-difference-between-a-developer-a-programmer-and-a-computer-scientist

>

I read it but who is better? A computer scientist , a developer or a programmer?? To me I think a programmer is at the top

Read this http://m.itworld.com/career/399111/why-i-dont-suggest-javascript-first-programming-language?mm_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.lb%2F

It's an opinion piece. Take it with a grain of salt, then get back to making games and don't worry what anyone is 'called'

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)