Construct2 Feature Request

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:39 am

Hi,

Just wanted to ask @ashley if it is possible to add an aspect ratio lock when resizing a picture from the image editor. it would be very useful!
May be setting a size with a ratio (like 30% of current size) would be very useful too.

Guys, if you think these features are useful too please let Scirra team knows so we could have a chance to have it!

Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:56 am

You only need to set the sprite scale to 0.3
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:59 am

I agree that the image editor lacks many features, but it really is only really intended to edit animations and for creating place-holder sprites. Rather than have Ashley spend time creating yet another (and still more limited) image editor, I would rather see an 'open in your favorite image editor' button, whereby it opens up the likes of GIMP, paint.net etc....
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:05 am

Colludium wrote:Rather than have Ashley spend time creating yet another (and still more limited) image editor, I would rather see an 'open in your favorite image editor' button, whereby it opens up the likes of GIMP, paint.net etc....

+1000

@Ashley

This would be so great...at least support for Gimp/Photoshop... :D
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:40 am

Better if it's directly in the image editor so we could change size of all animation frames in one shot.
About aspect ratio i meant that id you change width and lock is active height will be calculated automatically
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 am

the problems with image / animations editor that i have are nothing close to image editing.

for image editing you usually end up using gimp/ paint.net / photoshop / something other, but i have an animation problem that they simply don't care about to fix.

and there are few: - you can't shift + detect collision polygon for all frames
- you can't insta rename all imagepoints on each frame that were created by adding one imagepoint on first frame and then applied to the rest
- same as above but deleting

these aren't some hardcore things to ask for, but they're pretty damn usefull and would save a shitton of time when you have animations with 200+ frames. (example - in my upcoming game my boat has 360 frames - i gotta pimp origin points on each of the 360 frames instead of using 2 clicks, then i have to "guess polygon shape" on each frame and more... ) luckily for now only that sprite has that much animations, and some other sprites (like water) have ~250 + 250 normal but they're tiled quadratic so they don't need any (thank god) messing around. and yes memory usage is at 200mb only :P
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General