Construct2 is shuting down when I try to import a sound

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Problem Description
____ When I try to import a sound, Construct2 is shuting down after showing me an error message. This has happened a lot :cry: ____

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 8.1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID
The newest one: construct2-r239
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:28 pm

gianjos wrote:Problem Description
____ When I try to import a sound, Construct2 is shuting down after showing me an error message. This has happened a lot :cry: ____

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 8.1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID
The newest one: construct2-r239

Unless you follow the 'Bug Reporting Guidelines' then there is very little anyone can do, and Ashley won't be able to investigate.

You must include a minimal .capx using no non-standard plugins, and precise steps of what you did to produce the error.

Including the audio file may also be required so the issue can be easily re-created.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm

I read "Construct 2 is shutting down" and almost had a heart attack.

Could be a multitude of reasons. What TYPE of sound are you trying to import?
My day 1 C2 problem was trying to import a WAV file that was like 40mb only 1 song.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:19 pm

I've had this happen to me on many times. I figured it was related to ram, it's good to see I'm not the only one...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:32 pm

MPPlantOfficial wrote:I read "Construct 2 is shutting down" and almost had a heart attack.

Sorry :lol: it wasnt my intention

[quote=Could be a multitude of reasons. What TYPE of sound are you trying to import?
My day 1 C2 problem was trying to import a WAV file that was like 40mb only 1 song.[/quote]

It's not the audio file, the problem happened even before I select the audio file. I think I will have to follow the 'Bug Reporting Guidelines' cause I really think its a bug. Or maybe is my computer.
B
S

Return to Closed bugs