Construct2 r146 issues

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:48 am

1. Construct2 r146 (Stable) is not supporting CocoonJS 1.4-accelerated mode
For a physics-based game, I set the CocoonJS physics engine into accelerated mode, exported it into zip, tested it on iPad2 and iPad-retina device with CocoonJS launcher and got the following results.
(i) iPad-retina device displayed a black-screen. Even audio could not be played.
(ii) iPad2 was able to run the game, but it couldn't use/show any physics force

2. Construct2 r146 configuration settings for using/not using iOS retina display, is not working
I exported the game with CocoonJS standard web-based mode (Use iOS retina display-> Never) and got the following results.
(i) iPad2 was able to run the game well with fullscreen
(ii) But iPad-retina displayed the game-screen with half width and half height of the device (means it's using retina display) [iOS7 installed on iPad-retina]

I urgently need these issues to be fixed soon. For now, I think to use older stable version of Construct2 to solve these problems. Is there any other solution? Kindly suggest.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm

That sounds like bugs, report that in the Bugs forum and provide a minimal capx.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 pm

As a side note, the same problem exists with exporting to CocoonJS for an Android build. It does not load with accelerated physics but it does load with standard web-based physics.
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 pm

1) You'll need CocoonJS Launcher 1.4.3 to test the physics works. It should already be available on Android, but I don't know when it'll come to iOS, hopefully soon. Workaround: use web-based physics.

2) The iOS retina display setting is ignored in CocoonJS. I cannot reproduce any difference in rendering after changing this setting, which makes sense, because the code ignores it in CocoonJS mode.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:21 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] 1) You'll need CocoonJS Launcher 1.4.3 to test the physics works. It should already be available on Android, but I don't know when it'll come to iOS, hopefully soon. Workaround: use web-based physics.

2) The iOS retina display setting is ignored in CocoonJS. I cannot reproduce any difference in rendering after changing this setting, which makes sense, because the code ignores it in CocoonJS mode.[/QUOTE]
@Ashley
You mean to say iOS retina display issue is needed to be fixed by Ludei? No solution for now?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:26 pm

@Asit - I think so.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs