Construct3 seperate Website?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:57 am

I suspect the C3 webstite will just hold the news, but as noted in the browser address bar. The primary website is Scirra. So C3 will be a intro page, but once through the intro you will get directed to Scirra.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:12 am

DatapawWolf wrote:
michael wrote:maybe we need a new forum on C3 website, perhaps that will come in time. . . . .
It shouldn't be a completely separate website, though. I'd imagine it'll there'll be distinct sections, but segregating the community is the wrong way to go about it.

Yeah, good point @DatapawWolf, although it seams given the new site for C3 it is a possibility.

Could just add a C3 Forum to the current one for now though.....

Although also as @jayderyu noted it could just be temporary site. But imo it already looks better than the current site..... :)
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:25 am

@michael it looks better because they used a site template, I believe. But regardless, that's kinda the point. They have developed a front-end that requires little back end. Form over function. It's not meant to be a website that hosts and delivers content and user interactivity. It's meant to be a website that catches the eye of potential investors/users.

It will not be the host of all C3 related content.

And on a side note, look above at the URL you are currently on. Scirra.com, not Construct2.com.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:39 am

For all we know it could be the host of an online editor.
If it is, pray its not service based.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:02 am

Maybe I am nostalgic but I prefer this site. :) When it comes to looks. I think it is quite nice.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:36 am

DatapawWolf wrote:@michael it looks better because they used a site template, I believe. But regardless, that's kinda the point. They have developed a front-end that requires little back end. Form over function. It's not meant to be a website that hosts and delivers content and user interactivity. It's meant to be a website that catches the eye of potential investors/users.

It will not be the host of all C3 related content.

And on a side note, look above at the URL you are currently on. Scirra.com, not Construct2.com.

Your probably right, but you never know, Tom is a web guru, and could change that in a heartbeat if that was their intention....

Of course all of us here are just speculating.....
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 am

Construct3.com is a landing page, nothing more, from what it seeems. Nothing more, nothing less.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:30 am

I have a stupid question - what is Construct 3? How is different from 2, exactly? (other then, you know, not existing) Is it still HTML5? Or has none of this been disclosed yet?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 am

ome6a1717 wrote:I have a stupid question - what is Construct 3? How is different from 2, exactly? (other then, you know, not existing) Is it still HTML5? Or has none of this been disclosed yet?

- C3 will be a new editor with improvements to the engine as well.
- Check the website, that's all we know about it: http://construct3.com/
- It will use HTML5 too (you will be able to import your C2 projects).

The seperate landing page is a great idea and I agree that they have to get out the news as fast and as far as possible. However, when the product will be ready, I think they sould use the current forums for C3 too, because it already has a nice cummunity, let's not divide it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:52 pm

I almost forgot: Scirra should put on the C3 webpage that C2 users will recieve a discount on upgrading to C3, so it won't discourages potential C2 buyers.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General