Construct's version of Daily Click

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 am

It could be called the Contruction Yard :D

Haha... I dont see why Construct games cant go for game of the week? A game is a game no matter what its made in. Thats like saying your not allowed to win because the program you are using is not as hard as ours to get the same results. Doesn't make any sence to me.

Lets try and make a game worthy of GOTW and see what happens haha.
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:47 am

[quote="SircatmaN":381aoxry]Haha... I dont see why Construct games cant go for game of the week? [/quote:381aoxry]

yeah that is dumb[size=3:381aoxry], damn visio-facists[/size:381aoxry]
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:46 am

http://www.create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=225380

Apparently Construct games ARE elligible.
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:26 am

The admins have stated previously they'd accept Construct games, but I don't think anybody's finished one yet!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:11 am

Half of the Construct Tech demos I have seen here are well more worthy than some of the previous GOTWs haha and they are only TECH DEMOS!

I'm really amped about this program! Still messing around with it atm going to make a few small games that I can atleast finish. Looking forward to v1.0 of Construct.

Its time to finish some games so we can showcase the program guys!

CONSTRUCTICONS ROLL OUT!
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:25 pm

I read that forum and I have to say arguing is no good, just let your projects speak for themselves guys.

That is all.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 pm

manontherun is probably right, the debate threads are mostly a waste of time - at least the latest one is civil! Remember the rules. Most of what I read in such threads involve people stating something incorrect, not being challenged, then using it as weight in the argument, so no point wading in there.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:53 pm

Honestly, I think you need to completely separate yourselves from them. I don't understand why Construct is still being compared to them (klick). I think it's time to let it go.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 am

:D

Plain and simple the daily click always accepted games of any form, click or not. Heck some gotw games are not even made by click products. So yes if you think you made a cool game, click, game maker, construct or whatever feel free to submit it.

Hopefully this will end this debate when we could be doing something else.. and yes the name the daily click came from a time when k&p was the only tool out there, however the domain name should speak volumes, end of story hopefully.

To start of your own community site while free to do so will only make a barrier between game makers, i think it is time to to start submitting your games, or demos or whatever and let them speak. We should not judge people on what tool they use but on the games they have created.

In others news i am in the middle of renovating my house took down 3 walls and i just sneezed black slime out of my nose if anyone wanted to know :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:59 am

[quote="SircatmaN":17zg3nfp]Half of the Construct Tech demos I have seen here are well more worthy than some of the previous GOTWs haha and they are only TECH DEMOS!

I'm really amped about this program! Still messing around with it atm going to make a few small games that I can atleast finish. Looking forward to v1.0 of Construct.

Its time to finish some games so we can showcase the program guys!

CONSTRUCTICONS ROLL OUT![/quote:17zg3nfp]

OH quite funny! Tech demos, why yes! Because A tech demo is better then a game? NO. All this construct program seems to be is a showcase of all the so-called "tech demos". Has anyone bothered to make a full fledged game with construct? NO. GOTW on tdc beats your ghost shooter anyday. yes, let's play the "It's still a beta" card!
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion