Construct's version of Daily Click

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:30 am

I only just found the program a few days ago, as opposed to the years and years and years of click products experience I had I am very new at construct. However I'm working on a little something now and I'll be happy to post it up when its done.
I think you also forget that alot of the Klik games have been in production for a VERY long time. Its not that people havn't bothered to make games its that they aren't finished :O

Anyway I'm not in for an argument war I have games to make! And thanks for clearing that up Rikus as I said I never wanted to start a fight, it just seems that the moment you mention Construct everyone thinks you are a witch and need to burn you.

I never thought a game making program could have fanboys though? It appears you can have fanboys of everything :D

Also codemonkey whats your real problem with Construct? Is it that everyone else who hasnt tried it and refuses to try it on TDC hates it? Monkey see Monkey do hey?
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 am

[quote="SircatmaN":2wrflr43]I only just found the program a few days ago, as opposed to the years and years and years of click products experience I had I am very new at construct. However I'm working on a little something now and I'll be happy to post it up when its done.
I think you also forget that alot of the Klik games have been in production for a VERY long time. Its not that people havn't bothered to make games its that they aren't finished :O

Anyway I'm not in for an argument war I have games to make! And thanks for clearing that up Rikus as I said I never wanted to start a fight, it just seems that the moment you mention Construct everyone thinks you are a witch and need to burn you.

I never thought a game making program could have fanboys though? It appears you can have fanboys of everything :D

Also codemonkey whats your real problem with Construct? Is it that everyone else who hasnt tried it and refuses to try it on TDC hates it? Monkey see Monkey do hey?[/quote:2wrflr43]

My problem is people like you. "tech demos are better them 90% of the
crap that comes from the daily click." It's comments like those that set me off. And shut up about the stupid monkey see crap. I was very open to construct if you look at my earier posts, but the "community" is not active, the program is unstable, no one has bothered to make a real game yet. Also about klik games being in productions for a long time, people can make some simple fun games in a few days even. Something I haven't seen come out of this place yet.
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:13 am

I never said it came FROM TDC just that it was posted there :) There are alot of terrible games on there, although there are some great ones aswell. What I was getting at is that the tech demos whilst only tech demos are already showing heaps of new things not yet seen(or if seen then not done well) in older klik games.
But I couldn't care less. Use what you want and stop bothering me with your gay rants.
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:04 am

It's pointless arguing guys, come on, we're comparing an unfinished program with a commercially available program. I know I personally won't commit to making an actual game until we're out of beta, but I will continue to familiarise myself with the workings of Construct until then and release any 'tech demos' I feel might be useful to others.

There's no reason MMF'ers and Constructors can't get along, in fact I wouldn't even pigeonhole myself into either catagory. Both programs offer different things, and most things, within reason, are possible in either product.

TDC has good games and bad games, it is a relatively large community based on a long established line of products and a lot of users, regardless of skill, have access to one of these pieces of software. It's the same anywhere, user submissions will always vary in quality, but there are good as well as bad.

Phew, went on a bit of a rant there, but these arguments don't really get us anywhere, they're akin to playground arguments of "my dad could beat up your dad".
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:33 am

Your totally right, I wasn't arguing just defending the product. I just hate it when people start fights with me for no reason over stupid things. These guys need to lay off the crack I say.
I'm glad that the oldies like Rikus and the other guys I know from back in the day have no problem with construct games on TDC.
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 am

I agree, pointless argument going on here.

If you want to know why there's not many finished games, it's not because noone has bothered. That would be doing this community does a disservice. The users here are extremely diligent and helpful in reporting bugs, suggesting features and creating small tests and files to help others learn what Construct can do. I'm sure people would love to go and develop a large game with the risk of the file corrupting!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am

Just to let you all know, games made in Construct are completely welcome at The Daily Click, and are even eligible for the GOTW award. I'm not sure who ever said "Construct games don't qualify for GOTW", but I can assure you that they do.

We'd love to see some more Construct games over at the DC - I'm not sure whether that'll happen until Construct reaches version 1.0 and is not longer beta, but I'm hoping we'll see some awesome creations soon.

I also don't think the competition between Construct and MMF2 is a bad thing - at the end of the day, game makers have more choice and that can only be a good thing. I'm still getting my teeth into Construct and trying to figure things out (still can't figure out how to create animated sprites.. I'm probably just being stupid..).

Anyway, please don't feel that you have to create a new DC for Construct, because TDC will support all game creators. And a big thanks to Scirra for their recent donation to TDC, it's really appreciated :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:16 am

[quote="Flava":12iqhoyt]Just to let you all know, games made in Construct are completely welcome at The Daily Click, and are even eligible for the GOTW award. I'm not sure who ever said "Construct games don't qualify for GOTW", but I can assure you that they do.

We'd love to see some more Construct games over at the DC - I'm not sure whether that'll happen until Construct reaches version 1.0 and is not longer beta, but I'm hoping we'll see some awesome creations soon.

I also don't think the competition between Construct and MMF2 is a bad thing - at the end of the day, game makers have more choice and that can only be a good thing. I'm still getting my teeth into Construct and trying to figure things out (still can't figure out how to create animated sprites.. I'm probably just being stupid..).

Anyway, please don't feel that you have to create a new DC for Construct, because TDC will support all game creators. And a big thanks to Scirra for their recent donation to TDC, it's really appreciated :)[/quote:12iqhoyt]

Yes, would like to see some construct games on TDC, and I wouldn't rate it 0 stars either. The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot. I'm sorry about my earlier rant also, I shouldn't get upset about something this stupid.
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 am

[quote="Codemonkey":2bekxay1]Yes, would like to see some construct games on TDC, and I wouldn't rate it 0 stars either. The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot. I'm sorry about my earlier rant also, I shouldn't get upset about something this stupid.[/quote:2bekxay1]Yeah, that annoys me too, but thankfully that's a minority of Construct users.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:01 pm

It's true nobody has really finished any games yet, and that's probably also because while we're in beta emphasis is on developing Construct - fixing bugs, reporting issues, coming up with feature ideas and such, and as Rich pointed out there are known file corruption bugs we still need to fix.

[quote="Codemonkey":jupdyahx]The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot.[/quote:jupdyahx]
An opinion about MMF2 is the opinion of an individual. How is that a problem with Scirra or the Construct program? It's not. It's certainly not my opinion, and I doubt it's the opinion of the majority of people here. So please - don't upset yourself by generalising the opinions of a single person to an entire site! I don't think anybody's even explicitly said that.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion