Constuct 2 GUI lacking colour

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Construct the user interface of your game with these universal buttons.
  • Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer on the forums.

I'm probably just being nitpicky, and I'm not even sure if it's an issue (it may be just because I'm running the free version), but my GUI looks like this;

s2.postimg.org/9t5b6ziew/greygui.jpg

Compared to all of the online tutorials I've looked at so far, my GUI icons look distinctively blacked-out in comparison.

Is this normal?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • the gui icons are all like that..

If I recall correctly, I think they used to be coloured. They might just be old screenshots you're comparing to.

also your general windows interface seems a very light grey.. i think it's adopting that colour from the system scheme which makes it seem more washed out.

aaand, this might not be possible in free version, but try (in the 'ribbon' bar) going into View > Style > pick a theme.

Save your work before you do that though -most of the few times i tried changing it, it crashed. although that might just be me cos I use a different windows shell

• the gui icons are all like that..

If I recall correctly, I think they used to be coloured. They might just be old screenshots you're comparing to.

also your general windows interface seems a very light grey.. i think it's adopting that colour from the system scheme which makes it seem more washed out.

aaand, this might not be possible in free version, but try (in the 'ribbon' bar) going into View > Style > pick a theme.

Save your work before you do that though -most of the few times i tried changing it, it crashed. although that might just be me cos I use a different windows shell

Ah, that's all right then. As long as the GUI is meant to look like that. I tried changing themes before I posted this thread. It changes the layout, but didn't notice much, if any difference in the colour scheme.

Just me being picky I think!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)