Container type functionality for families?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 am

If you are afraid that you could forget to create it, just make a function and call it instead of creating object and data structure in the actual event.

+on function "create"
-> create object
-> add array

+ some trigger
-> "create"

tulamide2011-12-12 01:31:35
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 am

Right, that's what I have now. I have two functions. One that creates an object, and one that initializes a layout (so that it will create the structures for objects created in the editor).

But since I work on my game on and off taking month-long breaks, I'm worried it's going to bite me in the ass two months from now when I just casually create an object without my function and then wonder why stuff isn't working :) That's the downside of Construct. Usually if I do that in some programming environment it yells at me because I try to reference stuff that doesn't exist. Construct just keeps on going without any sort of feedback on what stupid thing it is that I'm trying to do. Hopefully that won't happen though.

This S thing is pretty awesome though, I wish I knew more about it when I started, many of the things I already implemented would have been 100 times simpler with this. Juryiel2011-12-12 01:38:55
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 am

Had a chance to give it a try now and it's even better than I thought. I can just name the arrays things like str(Object.UID) so i don't even have to search for them with a loop. Thanks!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic