Contruct 2 Repository

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:58 am

K, some UX ideas:

1. First thing should happen, user opens the app then gets asked to provide Construct 2 location - this should be forced and checked each time, since without this the app wouldn't work correctly. If the app can detect the location, better.
2. Then... there might be conflicts with existing plugins. How would you check if the user has an old plugin version? This should be very important to ensure that the user always get the latest version.
2.a. If the user has the plugin installed AND it's the latest version, disable Download button (or provide a link to the folder since .c2addons need you to drag and drop it into C2 - terrible idea but what we going to do about it...
3. And I think that's it. Nothing else should be needed

Here's a very, very, very quick mockup of the main UI (note this is mockup, not real UI. Don't mind the colors, also). I'm torn between a ComboBox or simple buttons to select either Behavior, Effect or Plugin, but will do for now.

Words between [ ] should be replaced by an icon. ("Forum link" should have the "Forum link" text, though, same for "Homepage" (or Site link, call it whomever you want =P)

I forgot to include a scroll bar for the plugin lists, that the black square is the live preview, and if you include the update checker, there should be a button to check for updates of the individual plugin IF the user has the plugin installed.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:34 pm

1. already in

2. the plugins are parsed on each startup to get the local version

2a. done minus the folder thing

k back 2 work

EDIT:
working on the ui and error handling...
ui now based on @notnsane 's layout:

looks a bit nicer :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:43 am

Just so you guys know, i'm still working on this! :D

I had (have) some bugs that i have to fix so i didn't upload a build yet... maybe next week but then it will atleast be somewhat stable.

Version checks are in :)

B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 pm

waiting patiently for this...

If the legendary Rex is working on/with this...rainbows would spew from eyeballs and mouth! lol

Keep up the good work guys!
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:54 am

@Ize
Love it man! If you need some unique icons, loading screen or an interface to improve the visual feeling, just let me know. I´ll gladly help out on such an amazing project:)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 am

@Ize - It looks like a good tool to find latest plugins for C2.

Maybe you should give the UI a bit of flat-style design like the current Windows Metro UI.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

If you play Puyo Puyo games, you can meet me at the Puyo Puyo English Community Discord: https://discord.gg/0k41S8ARwvY2iTIQ
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:32 pm

"|rexrainbow i know, it's worth it for your 100 million plugins and behaviors though ;)"

he barely scratched the surface of 100 plugins and behaviors, but they are very welcomed and useful :D (cheers for them @rexrainbow The Lord of my C2 goodies :D

however i enjoy your plugin auto updater, but its a bit of a to much work for you to do :) now sounds ok, but when people starts to massively use it, its not gonna be practical anymore.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:53 am

Just a last update from me... this won't be finished.

After testing the unreal engine 4 for a few weeks, i have decided to switch to it instead of construct 2.

My sprites were based on 3d models anyway so that is one step less for me that i have to do and now i have the ability to make 3d games as well (i bought q3d plugin before :/)

Construct 2 is good for what it's supposed to do but it always kind of limited me and i got stock on stuff that shouldn't be hard to solve but was. With UE4 blueprints i remade a working prototype of my human minesweeper game in less than 2 days in full 3d and it runs fluid on every platform i tested(windows, html5 and android) thanks to the native exporters.

C2 helped me understand the basics and i could transfer alot to UE4 blueprints so this helped me alot.

I had a good time with contruct and contruct 2 but now it's time to move on.

Thanks @Ashley & @Tom

-Ize
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:35 pm

oh, so i came here and... it's canceled.

nevermind that, i've had the same idea for plugin manager not so long ago, and you can check my thread guys ~ (c2 plugin manager) - i've started working on it
like 2 days ago i think, so it's still basic, login is ready, and i have lots of ideas and stuff, so you can join up there ! : )
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Interesting!
Check out http://3dswing.com/ for games (in the works) and tutorials on Q3D plugin for construct 2.
-Masterofwin
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources