convert html5 to ios

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Can i only convert html5 to ios using mac?

I found one program that would do this (phonegap for mac)

But i need a program for windows.

if you dont know a program that can do this for windows I maybe can find someone else thats using mac to do this for me.

btw if i use phonegap will I be able to sell my game on the appstore then?

• We're still investigating how well PhoneGap works with Construct 2 HTML5 games ourselves. However, we haven't looked in to the iOS side yet. You do normally need a Mac to build an iOS app. However, PhoneGap also have a Build service - it costs $25/month (see here). PhoneGap Build claims to allow you to submit a HTML5 game, and they'll build an iOS app (and apps for some other kinds of phone too). However, I should warn you that we haven't tried this ourselves yet - we're planning to check it out soon. It might not work properly. If you're feeling adventurous though, give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

Once you have the app you can sell it on the App Store, but you'll also need to pay Apple's developer's fee ($99/year).

• linkanbinkan

check out appmobi...

• thank you so #!?�"# much

• How the hell can apple have a "developer fee"? It pisses me off how they want to make money off of everything. It's just like XNA with microsoft.

• Interesting that XNA and Apple iOS both have the same developer fee, but one releases for Phone/Console/PC, while the other is just mobile devices...

• Have anyone made it work using appmobi?

It looked like it worked but then I tried it on my iPhone I got a black screen:(

And I don't know what to change to make it fullscreen. It's not fullscreen on the emulator but it maybe is if I get it to work on my iPhone.

• Right now it's probably best to go to AppMobi for support, we haven't tried it ourselves so they're the best people to help you there.

I think there tends to be a small developer fee for two reasons:

1) keep out 'script kiddies' who just want to mess around - they won't bother if it costs them money, and

2) keep out viruses and malware, since if anyone submits any, they've got the author's payment details which is a great place to track someone down!

TBH if you're serious about app development $99 isn't a big hurdle, it's more there to keep the wrong people out IMO.

• Ok. This is a little BS. It clearly states I can make iOS and Android apps. Now, I find this forum post that is instructing me to seek a third part for this? I was attempting to set my display configuration to iOS or Android, nothing. I need to get up from my desk and go kick a puppy now. Thanks gusy...

• WildShroom - this thread is over a year old and its information is mostly irrelevant. Pretty much everything has changed since it was posted. You'll definitely want to use the CocoonJS or directCanvas exporters instead of PhoneGap.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Right now it's probably best to go to AppMobi for support, we haven't tried it ourselves so they're the best people to help you there.

I think there tends to be a small developer fee for two reasons:

1) keep out 'script kiddies' who just want to mess around - they won't bother if it costs them money, and

2) keep out viruses and malware, since if anyone submits any, they've got the author's payment details which is a great place to track someone down!

TBH if you're serious about app development $99 isn't a big hurdle, it's more there to keep the wrong people out IMO.

Not really, The reason why corporates want money to the developers that could reduce the saturation of apps are waiting to be approved, so it happened like Steam Greenlight.

There a lot of apps are fraud, jokes, chinese copy cat, etc. are on app store from Apple.

Besides script kiddies, virus and malware apps can easily be rejected by corporate staffs and ban their IP who published apps, no need to ask the fee. The reason is the script kiddies are enough stupid to pay fee and publish malware apps, then get banned and lose account.

• Ashley

Yes, I can see the date as well. I was looking for display configurations, since I cannot set it for iOS, or Android development. It only has HTML5. That's fine for Tablet, but why can't I choose to be developing for the iPhone or Android device?

• WildShroom - you choose the export platform when clicking 'Export project'. Don't use the configurations bar, it's an obsolete feature.

• "We haven't tried it ourselves"

This is your program? Your business? Your community?

Maybe you guys should look into these things, that way we can actually use your service the way it's sold to work (because it doesn't)

• Wow, great way to reply to a 2 year old statement. I would look at the tutorials and manual before reading a reply to a question that was asked when phonegap was still in early stages. And they didn't create phonegap. They allow you to export for phonegap, but have no control over what phonegap does or how it does it since it is not their product.

Also note this reply which you seem to have overlooked completely:

WildShroom - this thread is over a year old and its information is mostly irrelevant. Pretty much everything has changed since it was posted. You'll definitely want to use the CocoonJS or directCanvas exporters instead of PhoneGap.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)