Converting non-animated .gifs

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I am trying to make myself a small application, but I have to import an image to a sprite. The problem is that it's a gif. I do not know if there would be a way to convert gifs to pngs, but if not I can always make different animations for the sprite and set the sprite to animation global('weather') instead of downloading "http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/a/" & global('weather') & ".gif" as AppPath & "icon.gif" and setting the sprite to it. The images I am trying to set are the ones in the Icon Pack 1 on Weather Underground.
Borka223 from RecGames
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 pm

"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 pm

The images are being downloaded from an online location, and they are not animated. Should I download them manually and save as animations for the sprite? I would have the ability to even create custom images, then!

Examples (images link to source):
Borka223 from RecGames
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 pm

You'll need to break the gif animation into separate sprite/frames, and then import them as "frames" into the animations of the object. This is due to Construct Classic using its own method of animating.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic