Copy Girl - Megaman inspired platformer

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:22 am

Dang, this just keeps getting better and better. I like that despite the clear Megaman influences, you developed a more artsy overall theme to give an original feel to the game.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:13 am

Loving what I'm seeing of this amazing game. :) Mega Man is my favorite game series, I'm excited to see others making games inspired by it.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:33 am

The artwork looks really nice. If you want to learn about level design I would recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBmIkEvEBtA
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:05 am

Weapon Design Overview - Penta Pearl

Our next weapon is the water-themed Penta Pearl

It creates a shield of 5 pearls around you, each doing damage to enemies on contact.

By default this weapon isn’t too effective. It has a low range and will only really get rid of the weaker enemies

But wait! This weapon has a secondary effect. Press the fire button one more time and…

It expands and reaches high rotation speeds, damaging everything around you. The main strength of this weapon is reaching targets above and below

This increased range only lasts a second, so you have to time it well

Remember our list from before? Let’s see how this weapon fares

- Must fill a role that no other weapon does

You can hit enemies directly below and above you, something no other weapon does. It is also the only weapon that goes through walls

- Must have a unique purpose

It has a short range, and a second activation mode. Each pearl can hit enemies 3 times, so it thins out as you hit stuff

- Must not fall under the “dominant strategy” category

Enemies with invulnerable parts will wear out your pearls, while you deal no damage. This weapon also doesn’t deal as much damage as others. it’s power lies in it’s other properties

- The boss you get this weapon from will use it against you

Keep your distance while this weapon is active!

This is a good opportunity to mention another weapon that existed in the early stages of development. It was called 4-Sided Beam, and it would hit enemies in 4 directions near you

Didn’t take long for us to notice it was kinda redundant… Remember the first item on our list?

B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:09 am

KnivetonStudios wrote:The artwork looks really nice. If you want to learn about level design I would recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBmIkEvEBtA

I watched it back when it came out but it didn't feel too relevant. I watched it again recently and it completely changed my life XD

Going back to the first level I made, there was a lot of things "just there for the heck of it". I was making each part of the level as its own thing, instead of having a cohesive progression

My programmer actually called me out on that one. Parts of the level just reused stuff from early on with no purpose, making the level unecessarely long
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:05 pm

@ZSoul happy to hear it helped his entire series is really good :D
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:25 pm

@KnivetonStudios Great link. Never caught that video before and definitely something I immediately wrote down :geek:

@7Soul Progress is looking great! PS good job on the Metroidvania kit. Guessing you had a hand in that?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm always so jealous of how awesome this is looking.
@Tokinsom and @7Soul, you guys inspire me so much to finish my game, with the hope that I can make something as cool as this.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 am

I'm pretty excited about this :).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:06 pm

New preview video of Stain's Stage, with music by our new composer DDRKirby!

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests