Copy / Paste Image Points

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 am

Hey dudes,

This is something that should be implemented asap, in my opinion.

Say I want to spawn an object from another object and want it to appear at a certain image point - It'd make things soooo much easier if we could copy image points from one animation frame to all the others without having to manually go in and change them.

If I decide that I want to add another item that the player can build and all the animation frames are already set-up, I'm royally screwed, since I'll have to go in and change them manually right now.

Is there any smarter way to do this? Same with hotpoints, btw.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:56 pm

The thing is, image points are usually in a different position for each frame. Like they're positioned on a character's hand or face, which is moving in the animation. That's the intended use anyways.

[quote:13qiluel]Say I want to spawn an object from another object and want it to appear at a certain image point - It'd make things soooo much easier if we could copy image points from one animation frame to all the others without having to manually go in and change them.[/quote:13qiluel]

but what's the point of an image point that's always in the same place?

From what you wrote, it sounds like you just want the object spawned a certain offset from the character. In that case, just spawn it at the hotspot and use a set position action. A picture would help though, not quite sure what you mean.
B
S
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion