Copying from a capx to a folder project

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • C2 r55; Windows XP SP3; FireFox 6.0.2; ATI Radeon HD 4870

Scope variable & copying from a capx to a folder project

I was trying to incorporate Rojohound's spritefont example (http://www.scirra.com/forum/suggestionsprite-font_topic44315_post277634.html) to my current project. (having both the capx and the folder project opened side by side in C2)

I renamed the Sprite and Text objects from rojo's capx to match the norm of my project. Copied the objects to the current layout, placed them, no problem.

I tried to take all elements from rojo's events sheet and copy them to my project's events sheet (as sub event of a group), that was denied.

Then I go and make blank sub events and copy event by event.

This worked until I tried to copy event N?4. That was denied.

I tried to reach its value (Double clicking the action in rojo's capx still) then I have a Vc++ library crash window telling me there's a runtime error. When validating, C2 quits.

Prior to renaming and starting to copy, I could double clicked the action and have access to the value, as usual.

I'm not sure if it isn't already a known issue. In doubt, I prefered reporting it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried to take all elements from rojo's events sheet and copy them to my project's events sheet (as sub event of a group), that was denied.

What do you mean by "denied"?

hen I go and make blank sub events and copy event by event.

This worked until I tried to copy event N?4. That was denied.

Again, what happened?

tried to reach its value (Double clicking the action in rojo's capx still) then I have a Vc++ library crash window telling me there's a runtime error. When validating, C2 quits.

Does it happen if you do it again? If so, can you send me a .capx file saved just before the action which crashes, then indicate what I do to crash it? If I go through all these instructions myself, I feel it's likely I'll do something slightly different to what you did.

• Ok, I'll PM you all the required elements and steps.

EDIT: PM sent

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)