Cordova Exporter "Hide Status Bar" doesn't work

0 favourites
  • Problem Description

When exporting to PhoneGap there is an option "hide status bar". If you compile this for iOS on Intel XDK the status bar is still shown.

Tested on iOS8, OS version 8.1.1

Attach a Capx

not required

Description of Capx

not required

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Export any project to Cordova

Select "Hide Status Bar"

Compile and run on iOS

Observed Result

Status bar still shown

Expected Result

Status bar should be hidden

Affected Browsers

iOS (PhoneGap)

Operating System and Service Pack

C2 on Windows 7 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID

r195

• Is this specific to the Intel XDK? I tested it before on PhoneGap Build and it worked correctly there.

• i have built both android and ios versions

the android version works fine but the ios still has the status bar

I haven't tested on phonegap build

• Ashley can confirm that PGB hides the status bar when you export via Cordova and upload to PGB. However PGB has its own issue where you get permission requests for geolocation even if that was left unchecked during export.

• OK, so I think this is a problem with the Intel XDK build system ignoring the command, rather than Construct 2. Closing, please report it to Intel.

• I think i have a problem related to this , transparent status bar always shows even if the game is in fullscreen, please drop a solution if possible

Thanks

• not fixed even in 200 release. Not sure what to do

• Made a build this morning using Ludei's Cordova cloud compiler and experienced the same problem. I was going to try IntelXDK but my search for a solution led me here. Oh well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • so bug is in construct?

• i guess, i compile like 20 times last night, 1 night with crosswalk saturday the others with coocon and since this mourning it would compile useless app wichs get block from running on android ans soon on install, i am shure scirra would take care of it in a few days but it is always scary

• for me too

• The bug still persists.

• I don't know if anybody's still needing help, but I managed to hide the bar by including the Status Bar plugin within Intel XDK and then from within my app, using the Browser's Execute Javascript action to call "StatusBar.hide();"

Works like a charm!

• correncec

So from C2 export to Cordova, upload to XDK, and tick the box that says use Cordova Plugins and add that line of code you mentioned and should work like a charm correct?? Or did I miss a step?

Doesn't seem to be working for me.. :/

• C2 is just riddled with bugs like this, poor quality...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)