Cordova/XDK plugin problems

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • After creating a simple test certificate, I was able to build my app to Android. I installed App Preview on my phone and pushed the game build to the server. App Preview gave me two warnings about plugins and not working correctly and then it goes to a dead black page.

Where do I go from here?

• In my personal experience I never got Intel XDK's app preview system to work. I always just build my APK and install them on my phone. Takes about 10 minutes.

• Sorry, but I'm still having trouble.

I used the download share option and sent it to my phone email address. The emailed file gave me a public link to the following files Zip, ARM, x86, and Log. I downloaded the ARM file which gave me an APK. I was able to install the APK and it gave me an icon for my phone, but when I run it, it gives me the Cordova box robot splash screen and then goes to black. It does nothing.

• Sorry, but I'm still having trouble.

I used the download share option and sent it to my phone email address. The emailed file gave me a public link to the following files Zip, ARM, x86, and Log. I downloaded the ARM file which gave me an APK. I was able to install the APK and it gave me an icon for my phone, but when I run it, it gives me the Cordova box robot splash screen and then goes to black. It does nothing.

To me that sounds like a problem with how you either built the app in construct or intel XDK. Can you supply me with a list of steps in point form of what you did from start to finish, with information of your phone? Like which model and such

• Construct 2 Release 239

Intel XDK 3641

Samsung Note 5: ARM Kernel Architecture

- The app runs perfectly when played in C2 emulator

- Export from C2 using Cordova

- Export options left as default. Export files to desktop. PNG compression: standard. Minify script through Java (current version).

- Cordova options left as default.

- C2 says that the export was completed without error.

- Import into XDK by opening Intel XDK project through green button on bottom left.

- Certificate was created with bogus test info.

- Build to Android

- Share the completed build file to my phone email.

- All previous attempted files are deleted from my phone.

- Download ARM file with public link.

- The single new file is ********.apk

- Confirmed installation.

- A new Cordova icon was added to my phone desktop.

- Running the app gives me the Cordova splash screen and then a black screen.

• I have still not been able to get the APKs to work on my phone.

I have been testing using HTML5 web access which works well. I find it annoying that the web browser bar remains on the screen and makes my game image smaller.

• Are you using any Cordova plugin in your app?

• Not that I know of. I figured that C2 would include any code that was needed to make the plugins work correctly.

I am actually talking about 2 problems in this post. The first problem is regarding making it work through the App Preview and the second is getting the APKs to install correctly on my phone.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same problem too!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)