Could not open....

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 pm

I got just that error massage. I didn't found more info. I just know that deleted event sheet was probably saved in temp and something deleted it. Now I saved it like project and I have those sheets untouchable.Brickerer2011-07-12 22:05:11
B
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I think something similar happened to me. I was working on a project, and while C2 was still running, I got this message:

(Sorry it's an image. The message wouldn't let me copy/paste.)

I think I pressed "Ignore". I changed a couple more things, then I exited C2. When I tried to open the project again, I got that same message (I think . . . or at least one very similar). After that, I got this message:

So now I can't open the file at all. I saved everything as a single file, which might have been a mistake. I don't really understand much of the content in the message, but it seems like it's telling me that something is missing.

When I received the message the first time, I think I was adding values to a variable every time the player overlapped an area. The event worked, but when I pointed one aspect of the action to a different object (without recreating the whole event), I think that's when I got the message.

Anyway, I'm running Windows 7. Here's the cap:
testoldsatchmo2011-08-11 19:14:37
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

@oldsatchmo: I've managed to recover your project, here it is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15217362/oldsatchmo-recovered.zip

It looks like you deleted the 'Text' object type, but Construct failed to remove all its actions and still saved a project with a 'Text' action. Then, when opening the project, it can't find the object type for that object.

It's been fixed for the next build - hopefully if you're careful about deleting objects (make sure C2 has deleted all events relating to it), it should be OK to keep working on this. The bug is fixed in the next release.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Holy crap! Look at you, saving me all sorts of time. Thanks, man.

Yup, I definitely renamed the Text object, without giving the actions attached to it a second thought. What a dork.

Anyhow, thanks again.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

lost my project too.

Happened after i deleted some songs. Then the preview stopped working, The page openned but just showed the html black background + construct border.

i went to event sheet and found the the audio events were still there, i deleted and tried preview again (without success), I asked to save for then it showed me this error (has action,event action cpp) ( i pressed retry).

Then, i restarted construct when i opened the project showed me the 2nd error, now the project is broken.

my lucky is that i always do backups (and that was easy to recover by chaging event sheet xml).joanezito2011-08-12 12:05:34
B
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs