Couple of animation questions

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various characters spritesheets for creating a 2D top down, RPG, tower defense, or other similar game.
  • So I am making a menu that pops out from the side of the screen using layers. My question are:

For each button on the menu, is it better to have each of them be their own object with only 2 frames for unclicked/clicked, or have all the buttons on the menu in one object that has all of the clicked/unclicked frames inside it?

I ask because I am using the second method of having them all inside 1 object and it is proving to be a bit difficult for me, but I wan to make the game as optimized as possible.

If you think the second option is the best way to go, then my second question is, how would you handle changing the animation frame of each IID of the buttons? I can'r seem to figure out how to change specific object instances to different frames, they all go to the same frame.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There are so many different ways. First of all it's much better with only one objects with X frames.

Now we need to know do you create the Buttons on runtime or do you just copied them and placed them in the Layout ? If you want to make it dynamic and fast it�s better to create them during the runtime.

And disable the Animation speed, open image editor, click on the Animation click on the properties bar and set speed to 0. If you don�t do this the animation will run every time until the last frame.

• In the event sheet you can use the animationframe as a condition.

On object clicked - sprite: compare frame

or if you are using different animations:

On object clicked - sprite: is playing "animationname"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)