Courier - Brand new trailer!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:29 pm

So I was testing water spray effects for water jet/spray things in environments. I was happy with the results and wanted to see what it would look like in-game. So I took the last screenshot I posted and ran the water stuff over top of it. It looked awesome! I've now implemented it in the game and it runs pretty nicely, too! Here's what it looks like (note: there won't be water-spraying lanterns and there won't be a water sprayer in that area of the game):

It is made with two 32x32 sprites spawned at a location and a bunch of screwing around done to them (essentially a particle emitter, but I wanted more freedom/control) and then the end result is pasted onto a canvas with a single webgl effect. It runs great, even with multiple emitters spraying in different directions and overlapping. Cool stuff!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:56 am

WOW! This game looks absoluely fantastic. If I had to play a single game for the rest of my life I would wait for this. 10/10 GOTY. I will get a job at IGN to give you a 10/10 with them too. Beautiful, amazing, spectacular, exciting, I can hardly come up with any Earthly words to explain this game. You've brought it together so well, and are a true inspiration to me. When I grow up I want to be an amazing game developer like you, but I know that will never happen because your skills are out of this worldplsmarryme. Thank you for being the greatest man to ever live.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:51 am

Here are two more shots in the overworld area of the game. The first is showing part of a new batch of NPCs that are in the beach area. The other is just a neat location with a cave entrance. Enjoy!

B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:26 am

@C-7 It's been a real treat to watch your game grow! Great work :)
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:17 am

Very beautiful overall but all the maps looking empty
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 am

@mrnannings Yeah, that´s the first thing that popped into my mind. Looks good overall, but lacks all the details.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 am

Keep up the good work!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Ya know, you guys are right. I was still stuck in the mindset of making the game as a browser game that I wanted to omit too many tiny details that would bog it down for some users. I've since gone back through and applied a lot more detail throughout (and am adding more). Here's a look at how it's coming along:

And a lower-res gif showing some motion:

B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:15 pm

I love the life that that animation brings into your game. Thumbs up and good luck with your project. It looks amazing, so far! :D
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:11 pm

This is one of my favorite projects to follow on the forums.

It blows my mind what you're able to do with C2!

You're doing such a fantastic job with your lighting, and I think if you pushed it a bit further it would really make your game "pop."

If you look at a game like Diablo 2 (I know it's old and isometric, but stick with me here...) they put a lot of contrast in their light and dark areas, and that really helped the game to not feel "flat."

Right now a lot of the materials in your screenshots blend together, and sometimes it can be hard to distinguish where one material begins and another begins (tree leaves to grass, and rock wall to roof shingles are two examples).

When stuff blends together like that it starts to feel a little flat. You have a great color palette though and I think if you just darkened those shadows quite a bit it would add some great outlines and really make the game sing visually!

Not offended if you don't listen to me though, your game looks fantastic as is. :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests