Cranberry Games Facebook - Crosswalk Compatibility

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Since updating to Intel XDK 3491 I haven't been able to get my apps to compile correctly for Android when using Cranberry Games's Facebook plugin. The issues seems to be related to Crosswalk compatibility since the game compiles correctly when I either:
    - Remove the below Cranberry Games Facebook code snippet from my config.additions.xml file
    http://imgur.com/f3eoMvN
    - Change the Crosswalk Runtime option to 'Shared' (this means users will have to download crosswalk separately...)
    http://imgur.com/uXhPftT

The game compiles without any issues for iOS.

This is the build summary I get from Intel XDK when I try to build:
http://imgur.com/scOlunk

And this is the bottom section of the Build Log where the error is recorded:
http://imgur.com/xO4XAjc

Is anyone having the same issue? Has anyone been able to compile to Android using Crosswalk and Cranberry Games Facebook plugin?
Mega Game Studios is a tiny independent game studio run from our apartment in Melbourne, Australia. We're not quite sure what we do yet but we think it has something to do with apps, board games and plush toys.

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:37 am

I am having similar issues.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:34 am

Im getting the build error while using the cranberry facebook plugin in XDK
Anybody got the solution ?
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:20 am

@signupdemo and @STARTECHSTUDIOS - I've actually managed to get this to work perfectly now. I'm in the process of writing up some tutorials on our webpage so I should have a solution for you soon :)

www.megagamestudios.com

(PS. the webpage is still a work in progress!)
Mega Game Studios is a tiny independent game studio run from our apartment in Melbourne, Australia. We're not quite sure what we do yet but we think it has something to do with apps, board games and plush toys.

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:59 am

Great ! @Vegamon007
Is it working on android game aswell ?
Cause I badly needs a solution, My app is stuck just because of this...
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:52 am

@signupdemo it sure is! I even found a way to implement the sharing function properly (it has been pretty buggy in the past). I published another tutorial / blog post today. I have one more I want to finish before I start working on the Facebook one. Will try to get it done next week :)

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:33 pm

@Vegamon007

I just need the option to prompt the user to share the app link and then check if the user has shared the app or not.
I tried with XDK featured facebook plugin and cranberry's cordova facebook for C2
But "prompt to share link" action does noting. what actions do I need to define ?
Could you plz let us know, how you did it, ? its urgent
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:41 pm

You'll definitely be able to share the app and you might be able to hack it so that you can check if a user has shared the app or not. I'l post a really detailed tutorial next week :) Stay tuned!

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:38 am

@signupdemo I've finished most of the Facebook tutorials now, Check it out on our webpage if you're interested :)

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?