Cranberrygame wil update c2 cordova plugins by paid update.

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 am

@cranberrygame sorry to hear that @Ashley should support cranberry as i think C2 is nothing usefull without cranberry's plugins
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:31 am

Sorry to hear that @cranberrygame, your plugins are really useful.

Good luck with whatever you do, and thanks for all of your hard work :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm genuinely confused by this. We had a conversation which from my perspective went like this:
- there was a bug reported in the AdMob plugin; since the plugin depends on one of your Cordova plugins I got in touch to investigate a fix
- you suggested some kind of deal, this seemed fair since the AdMob plugin we ship with C2 depends on your cordova plugin
- since the AdMob plugin is the only one that any official C2 features depend on, naturally I focused on that.
- we considered various arrangements and in the end offered for Scirra to purchase a license for C2 users to use your AdMob Cordova plugin without any revenue share.
- in response you posted this, appearing to decline our offer.

Perhaps there was some miscommunication. I was focusing on features that C2 ships with and therefore we are obliged to officially support. Any other third party plugins that no official features depend on we treat the same: they are independent projects of the developer, without any involvement from us. In particular we do not oblige ourselves to support them (such as how we specifically require that bug reports do not make use of third party plugins) because we cannot burden ourselves with supporting other developer's code. It can often be especially difficult to work with given that some developers have a radically different approach to their code, using different paradigms, algorithms or libraries to those we use ourselves, meaning even small changes can be very time consuming.

We intend to treat all third party developers equally in that regard, so as to not upset any other developers who do not get any favours, except for individual cases where official features depend on third parties. Even in these cases we are very careful, because it's possible we start using their code, the original developer disappears forever, users report a series of difficult bug reports, and then we're obliged to fix someone else's code. So even in these cases we are very careful in our approach. I am sorry if at any point I unintentionally caused offence in any way, that was certainly not the intent, it is a difficult area that we are very cautious about.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:05 pm

And like any other area of technology, the most affected are the users :/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Anyone that needs support for these plugins, or needs custom plugins designed can send me a private message. I would be happy to discuss it further. @cranberrygame you seemed to break some hearts today. If you truly cannot support the plugins, feel free to send them my direction. Although you should consider sticking around, even a small residual income is better than none. :) Could be your breakfast fund or something.
www.h1k3.tech

We are here for you!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:36 pm

@Ashley

Thanks for your responding to this post.
I did not intend to confuse you. If you was confused, I am sorry.

As for admob native plugin, you do not need to pay for admob native plugin. I will continue to update the plugin because I also need it. (You can use scirra community level license key which I sent.(this means no revenue share))

- there was a bug reported in the AdMob plugin; since the plugin depends on one of your Cordova plugins I got in touch to investigate a fix
==> fixed ios issue. you can use https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordov ... n-ad-admob
but not fixed android split mode issue yet.
- you suggested some kind of deal, this seemed fair since the AdMob plugin we ship with C2 depends on your cordova plugin
==> what did you mean? what deal can you accept?
- since the AdMob plugin is the only one that any official C2 features depend on, naturally I focused on that.
- we considered various arrangements and in the end offered for Scirra to purchase a license for C2 users to use your AdMob Cordova plugin without any revenue share.
==> I do not want to be paid by admob native plugin, just use free.
- in response you posted this, appearing to decline our offer.
==> no decline, you can use admob naive plugin free. (no need to pay me and use license key which I gave free)

BTW

I think the key of cordova is the cordova github.
Think of my cordova github: https://github.com/cranberrygame?tab=repositories

My github code is mainly made up of java, objective c, c#.

Scirra seems to need these cordova native plugin maker + javascript bridge(c2 plugin) man.

People who like these two works simultaneously seem to be rare.
Even Ashley seems not to want to deal with these various native languages together with javascript.

My point about cordova is that scirra members need cordova plugins but no one want to study and make cordova plugins (cordova native plugin + javascript bridge(c2 plugin)).
(You can also guide your guide line to cordova plugins dev man)
So scirra needs more activer approach about cordova plugins.

This is just my wish.
And if you can pin my cordova plugins post in the forum, this will help me to resume to support each plugin paid updating (the problem of my party is the difficulty of plugin promotion) as @gonzdevour said (cranberrygame-can-not-update-c2-cordova-plugins-any-more_p966770?#p966770)
Last edited by cranberrygame on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Construct2 Cordova Plugins (currently 87 plugins): https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... ugins-1662

Construct2 Prototype Capx (currently 50 capx): https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with ... -capx-3088

Home page: http://cranberrygame.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 pm

@cranberrygame @Ashley

It is so sad that this is happening. With the support of @cranberrygame I can monetize my games using admob, chartboost, unityads, vungle and many many monetization systems and In App Purchases since I started using Construct2. I think full support should be given to @cranberrygame and his plugins should be part of Construct2. Imagine if you only install Construct2 and it has all these nice monetization systems in it. And I am sure this is possible and can be done. Check out the site for Stencyl

http://www.stencyl.com/developers/market/

They have nice extensions with different monetization networks and they are all free. This can be done for Construct2 as well. Since we as game developers want to make money with what we do and there is nothing to be ashamed of telling this, then I think full support for many monetization systems should be given. Because many professional companies use all kinds of monetization not just admob. And Chartboost especially can make you earn much much more revenue than Admob. Example of what I experienced today with Chartboost. I only had 3 downloads today from a game of mine and from the analytics I saw there were only 59 bootups. From only 1 Install of an Ad shown inside the game I got like 5 dollars. Can you get 5 dollars in a day from Admob with 3 daily installs? I guess not. Any way I really hope things turn out well and we continue to get support from cranbberygame.

Happy Game Making Everyone
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:47 am

@Ashley
I agree with @volcank (and many others) on this one: I think you should either make @cranberrygame plugins part of the C2-package - or find a way to offer them as a supported separate purchase. For some of us app-development is our sole purpose with using C2, and for that these native mobile features are so crucial. Please, please do something about this!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

@cranberrygame

Thanks for all your work, you saved a lot of us from much trouble.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:36 pm

If there are any essential features you want built-in, please suggest them. But as I outlined it is very difficult (including for both legal, technical and support reasons) to ship third party code with C2 itself.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons