Crash and corrupt when previewing with text objects

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 am

Okay, I discovered a Red Screen of the Death for Construct 3. And it's damn easy to execute as well.

Create a text object. Clone it. Preview. When the text is cloned, if you save, the save will be corrupted. So I can't give you a .c3p file as you won't be able to read it, but I can give you a sweet sweet gif.

Oh and btw, this bug ruined like 5 days of work on C3 where I tried to do the most out of the 50 events and all. I was even aiming at making a level editor with C2. Everything is now ruined because of this :/.

Image

Here is the error:
Code: Select all
Error report information
Type: assertion failure
Message: cannot find object class index
Stack: Error at Function.ǃr.ǃdBY (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:2:224760) at re (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:2:195752) at window.assert (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:2:196172) at window.ǃdnB.ǃrQy (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:61:436697) at de.ǃrQr (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:61:206663) at de.ǃrQr (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:61:215933) at oe.map.ue (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:61:251559) at Array.map (native) at ie.ǃrQr (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:61:251548) at pe.map.ve (https://editor.construct.net/r14/main.js:61:237334)
Construct 3 version: r14
URL: https://editor.construct.net/index.html
Date: Mon Apr 03 2017 09:54:05 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été))
Uptime: 215.3 s

Platform information
Browser: Chrome
Browser version: 57.0.2987.133
Browser engine: Blink
Browser architecture: 64-bit
Context: webapp
Operating system: Windows
Operating system version: 10
Operating system architecture: 64-bit
Device type: desktop
Device pixel ratio: 1
Logical CPU cores: 8
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.133 Safari/537.36

WebGL information
Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)
Numeric version: 2
Supports NPOT textures: yes
Vendor: Google Inc.
Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
Major performance caveat: no
Maximum texture size: 16384
Point size range: 1 to 1024
Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context
Image
B
34
S
6
G
2
Posts: 225
Reputation: 3,357

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Hmm yeah I can confirm the text object isn't cloning correctly, doesn't seem to add it's object to the project.

@skymen I'm sorry to hear that it broke your project. I believe it is actually recoverable. I just hacked out the bad entry in a broken c3p so that it would load again, so might be possible with yours as well? If you can send it over I will take a look
Scirra Employee
B
5
S
2
Posts: 125
Reputation: 873

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Okay bug is fixed, it wasn't adding the new object to a folder. I imagine it would have been an issue for other object types as well
Scirra Employee
B
5
S
2
Posts: 125
Reputation: 873

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Happy to hear that this got fixed. I'd recommend you go thorugh every object to see if this happening with something else as well.

Anyway, here is my project https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mWgU ... sp=sharing

If you could save it that'd be super nice.
Image
B
34
S
6
G
2
Posts: 225
Reputation: 3,357

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:10 pm

It happens with:

Buttons
File Chooser
List
Progress Bar
Slider Bar
Text Box
Shadow Light
Text
UserMedia
Video
Twitter

At least from the objects I have access to. I think this happens with any form object as well as objects that aren't based on sprites
Image
B
34
S
6
G
2
Posts: 225
Reputation: 3,357

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Scirra Employee
B
5
S
2
Posts: 125
Reputation: 873

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Works, thanks :D
Image
B
34
S
6
G
2
Posts: 225
Reputation: 3,357

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Glad to hear :)

The old code basically only had the special cases for animations and images, as they needed to do additional work on the image. So I added in the missing general case that should cover everything else. We might need to expand it later, but it shouldn't cause it to corrupt the save files anymore. Kinda surprised this was missed, a few people had complained about the result not showing up in the folders but not about the save files not working!
Scirra Employee
B
5
S
2
Posts: 125
Reputation: 873

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Glad I could help with this then :D
Image
B
34
S
6
G
2
Posts: 225
Reputation: 3,357


Return to Closed Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests