Crash Bug and LayerName Bug(?)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • First, I have a layer that I turn on and when I hit a button. (e.g. an abilities menu). This also creates a bunch of containers (4 object in each). Every time I open this menu I destroy the containers (via destroying one of the objects, which should destroy the whole thing right?) and recreate them, in case stuff has changed (got new abilitiy etc.)

If i open and close it 10 times it crashes eveyr time predictably. I can provide a cap if the answer isn't something already known but I feel like it probably is.

Second, LayerName makes everything lower case. Since layer names can be used in other contexts without being all lowr case (e.g. creating objects on a layer) this can be confusing and perhaps should be changed so that LayerName(LayerNumber) does not return the name of the layer in all lower case.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So I found this reply in another one of the topics

[quote:3t29jply]

And that bug is because scripting is enabled, 700 objects created and no scripts being run.

There are two ways to avoid that bug:

1 If you aren't using python at all but uncheck "enable scripting"

2 Just run a script every frame. It doesn't even have to do anything, a comment will work.

I bet this is what's going on with my crash. Going to test it when I get home.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)